Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

General (multi airport) PPR booking websites

Here is the MYPPR site mentioned, which is interesting because it simplifies the process. Is it some private venture, or Norway Govt official?

It would seem to be a good thing to try to do something like that, which all the “PPR” airports around Europe could subscribe to.

They would need to be able to enter various conditions e.g. opening times, quotas, etc.

Of course most PPR is pointless; it is just a power exercise, but that’s not the point.

Also the thing could get out of control, trying to deal with the lowest common denominator i.e. the most anally retarded airport. We already have the crazy Myhandling initiative which is really badly implemented.

Then the thing needs be funded somehow

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here is the MYPPR site mentioned, which is interesting because it simplifies the process. Is it some private venture, or Norway Govt official?

It’s private, and rather new. I suspect after a while it becomes a subscription of some kind, I don’t know, it would depend on how popular it becomes. It greatly simplify stuff for everyone, pilots and airport owners. My club’s home airport is ENVA (Avinor, no PPR), but we also operate a private strip in the mountains. That is done with MyPPR, and it’s super easy. Doing that the old way would require that someone in the club always could answer phones etc. With MyPPR, just set it up and forget it. If something happens to the strip, then simply close the strip through MyPPR. There is no other way to get permission to land than through MyPPR (sort of, but that’s the intention).

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

At our airport we use MyPPR mainly to keep track of number of movements for reporting to the CAA. As we now are finishing the new runway with lights (they say we are the first ones with LED PAPIs), runway markings and GPS approach we are looking into automating landing fee collection through MyPPR. It is also a good tool to publish operative information as the pilot needs to confirm to have read the current “NOTAM”. We pay a subscription fee to use it. Overall it works well and people seem to be using it. It needs a good app and payment integration though.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

It needs a good app and payment integration though

The web page is phone friendly. I don’t see how an app would be better. Payment integration, maybe. Most airports are free anyway, so no payment integration is needed. Then there is cash and Vipps that works just fine in addition to bank transfer. I think the success of MyPPR relies heavily on keeping it as simple as possible with a minimum of overhead. If not, no one would use it for anything but as a payment service at a handful of airports.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Another one is MyDz which seems to be used in France.

Administrator

I have just seen MyDz mentioned at the Perpignan report in our database. Has anyone used this? The MyHandling one mentioned further above is horrible. Is it actually essential for LFMP to set this up? The AIP does not mention it.

Administrator

I have used it (no app necessary, just the website) in 2019 and it was pretty straightforward.

ELLX

I tried to use it on Wednesday to request PPR at Perpginan but despite trying several times couldn’t get it to submit. I emailed them and they (eventually) accepted the details via email.

Before departure, you’re supposed to use it to pay the landing fee. This time we were successful with this, although it it supposed to send you a gate code to get back airside and it did not. As a result, we had to go to the main terminal, show the receipt, and after a few phone calls and head scratches by the staff there, we were given a gate code. All a bit of a faff.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

My plan is refuel only and schengen + customs clearance, remaining airside. The AIP gives an email address for PNR/PPR so that should work.

I wonder why airports use these things?

Administrator

In my first email to them (address in aip) I included all my details and said I tried to use MYDZ but it didn’t work. They replied saying “please use MYDZ” so i replied again saying I couldn’t get it to work… this time they said ok they accept the ppr via email and that was it. I guess it’s just easier for them (less work?) when people self serve.

We had already done customs and immigration at Auxerre so can’t comment on that, but to leave the GA parking apron and get to the main terminal you have to go through a one-way gate to get landslide then walk in the passenger entrance to the terminal, so not sure how that’d work with customs. Maybe they come and meet you at the plane? Do let us know how you get on.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message