Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Famous people who fly

airways wrote:

Jacques Brel flew a Learjet

Before that he owned a Gardan GY80-180 (F-BNQM) and a Wassmer 4/21-250 (F-BPTG, still flying) in France, co-owned a Beech Baron in Switzerland, and owned a twin Bonanza called Jojo (F-ODBU) in Polynesia which he used to move books and medicine for free between the islands. The last 10 years of his life he dedicated to flying, sailing, and avoiding photographers. Reportedly he gave a plane to fellow IR student in Geneva who couldn’t afford to finish the course.

Reading about Jessica Cox is pretty impressive.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

No idea if he’s mentioned earlier in the thread; I didn’t know that TV presenter Michel Drucker (he’s very famous in France and probably completely unknown outside) is a keen pilot, and owns a DA 62:

Interesting that for insurance reasons he must fly with a safety pilot every time.

For a “historic” TV moment he was a part of, look at 1:15 on this clip for a pretty frank exchange between Whitney Houston and French legend Serge Gainsbourg

Last Edited by denopa at 23 Jun 15:29
EGTF, LFTF

It will never get in my head how you can have a house (at least one), a family (I hope not more than one), an airplane (maybe several) and a job all at the same time. Of course you can have all that stuff without ever using it (the family might disagree) but the airplanes we are talking about are not of the 5 hours per year type. And a day is still only 24 hours.

EDQH, Germany

What ever happened to Carol Vordermans round the world trip? She delayed it last year but I don’t know if that was an easy way of saying she was cancelling?

Maybe just too much publicity involving women doing what is basically, hey, flying a plane, like this one, and thus directly implying that women can’t fly a plane, and this “fact” has to be disproven.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

With over 2 million subscribers, I consider him famous.

LFOU, France

I learned that Gary Numan was a serious aviation nut !

From wikipedia:

So “Cars” really should have been “Planes” 😄

[formatting fixed]

EBST, Belgium

I ‘Think’ I’ve heard a couple of personalities on the radio while VFR flying:

In Socal years ago, I heard a pilot who was a dead ringer for Arnie. And he was going to San Luis Obispo…

Also long ago, leaving Atlanta, the controller’s voice rang all kinds of bells in my mind, until an airline pilot chimed in: “Is this Buzz?”. A delay followed, and then he said: “Err no, he’s much older than me”. (Buzz would have been way past retirement age).

Probably just wishful thinking of course.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

I seem to recall the Dutch King has a CPL/ATPL and has been known to fly for KLM?
(Definitely when the crowned prince before taking over the throne)

From here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message