Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A new aerodrome in Croatia?

Interesting… I wonder why close to Zadar, which is a really nice airport, cheap, and with all the goodies.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Saw all the complaints from locals about how Hvar has turned into a hedonistic Sodom and Gomorra led by British tourists. I must have missed it when we flew down there to Brac last year.

KHTO, LHTL

We just spent 2 weeks on Hvar. Sodom and Gomorrah??? Aw shucks! We missed it. Stary Grad and the other towns we visited were peaceful, family friendly and about as laid back as ir gets.

We weren’t in the town of Hvar though (last there about 10 years ago).

Tököl LHTL

400 mil € investment in Croatia Something like this doesn’t exist and this won’t happen. News like this pop up from time to time in Croatia because it’s corrupted and incompetent government (I won’t use harder words because there’s special thread for politics on this forum ) is very creative when they have to mobilize their right-wing oriented voters.

If someone wants to build additional airport near Zadar there’s perfect location – deserted ex military base Šepurine with runway still in very condition and huge area with non-used (and ruined) barracks. Actually there’s initiative for revitalizing it (Fly vignete) – the same one that started Vis Airport revitalization and ended stuck because inability of Croatian state to govern it’s property and enforce law to local “sheriffs”.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

400 mil € investment in Croatia Something like this doesn’t exist and this won’t happen.

Not sure about that.
Game of Thrones has pushed Croatia onto the World-wide stage.
People who’d never heard of Croatia before (everyone outside Europe, basically) now have an impression of it and a desire to visit…

I’m continually surprised by people who ask me where the my favorite places on the planet are, and when I mention Croatia, they answer, “Game of Thrones!”.
The potential Real Estate audience went from a total pool of a few hundred million to about a billion in a few years…

Won’t be long before wealthy Chinese start buying everything there too (surprised it hasn’t happened already).

Last Edited by AF at 20 Sep 21:47

And then it Agrokors out….

I’m risking that this thread is moved to “political bin” but just one more fact about Croatia. In last 4 years 200.000 people left Croatia in search for better life somewhere else. So it is beautiful country but the corrupted and incompetent government ruined it completely. And about selling, yes we can still sell some real estate, everything else has already been sold.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I could not agree more. I am half croatian, speak the language, and I go there all the time and I have a lot of family there. The situation is tragic – and many people live WORSE than they lived under the yugoslavian light version of communism. And if you had an idea how much I dislike communism you’d understand how hard that is to say for me. But I see it, close up.

There are still places that are among the most beautiful in the world, correct – but other places (like the town of Makarska that was a beauty still 30 years ago) were completely ruined by corruption, illegal building and the wish to compete with mass tourism places like the Costa Blanca.

Like I said, I cannot see the business case for a runway close to Zadar – an airport which has basically everything and costs relative peanuts. It makes no sense.

For aeroclub use, it’s a different thing and it is attractive to convert some ex mil runway for that – until the runway falls apart which will take quite some decades. But there is very little private GA in Croatia.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message