Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Thank you for making EuroGA a success

Peter, how about set a public goal to have say 50 members make their first post within the next month. Encourage them with suggestions for possible topics for new threads, maybe a prize of a EuroGA t-shirt randomly chosen for one of them etc.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Yes, an incentive may work. So let me be generous and offer an even bigger first prize; a flight in a wonderful TB20. The winner just to report at a certain airport on the south coast of England and you’ll know who to ask for.

Second prize: come to Mallorca and fly with me. If Boris lets you come here.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

We’ve made 300k posts

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And only 10k of those are about covid 😀

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

Hmmm you aren’t far off. 9879 as of today. However most people have stopped following that thread, and I reckon this epidemic is finally close to ending. Until next time …

I really think 300k posts with a roughly 90% S/N ratio is damn good. I wonder whether @tomjnx is still flying after all these years… he was an expert on Shannon No other forum gets anywhere even close, especially for GA. Most are around 10%.

It will also be EuroGA’s 10th birthday in Oct 2022. That’s another achievement, arguably much bigger – because anybody can run up 300k posts just by setting up an unmoderated site where beating-up is allowed (or preferably encouraged) and with a topic like brexit It was predicted that EuroGA will be destroyed within 1 year, and a number of people have tried.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

It will also be EuroGA’s 10th birthday in Oct 2022.

Massive BBQ-fly in ?

EBST, Belgium

You can organise it

Administrator

I’m in wherever it’s organized.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Surely the 10th birthday fly-in has to be at EGKA Shoreham?

If this were a typical UK forum we’d ask for a special discounted landing fee for the party, but this is EuroGA so we just get on with it like grown-ups and fly in and pay the fee because it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of aviation costs. 0.03 AMU or something like that.

BBQ with dancing and overnight camping :-)

Last Edited by Graham at 31 Dec 01:31
EGLM & EGTN

I might let someone else do the dancing

Happy New Year to everyone!

Administrator
Sign in to add your message