Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

By the way – looks like it’s Chritmas :-) -, I was practicing Chambery RNP18 approach on my prefered home simulator, and noticed that the kind of EGPWS feature or foreflight, although great, has a tendancy to re-appear too soon after it’s been dismissed.
While it shouldn’t be a problem in a well equipped plane, it displays a full screen overlay with you plane and obstacles over the approach plate while you need to watch the approach plate to check altitude.
If there is a possibility to split the screen to have warning overlay and plate, that would be good, but I think approach plate is the priority, especially on this kind of LNAV/VNAV approach where the glide has to be carefully checked.

LFMD, France

Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight wrote:

Happy to take a look into examples you have (send me a direct message if you would) and I will pass this request for more waypoints on to the team as well.

I’ve already sent the message to the team but the issue fits to your explanation (LUK DME) so I’ll consider it as solved and I’ll let the team know about that.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks all. Consider the votes received on frequencies and get it on the list.

All the best,
Josh

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

Consider the votes received on frequencies and get it on the list.

Great and thanks!

LSPG, LSZC, Switzerland

Profile View on iPhone

Profile View is now supported on iPhone, giving you a side-on view of your route along with terrain, obstacles, and forecast weather that you can access on any of your iOS devices.
To support narrower iPhone screens, route metrics like Highest Point, Clearance, and First Strike have moved to a new row above Profile View, along with the toggles for Route and Flight mode that appear during a flight.
The Profile settings menu also moved to directly below Profile View, just to the right of the Profile layer selector.
Profile View is included in Pro Plus subscription plans and above.

Yay super happy about this, thanks!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hopefully one day we’ll see the profile view taking in account the changes in altitude, as the so called “European competitor” does :)
That’s very useful in the busy and complex European airspace…

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

I would argue that the filed level changes are almost never flown in reality; they are generated to game the Eurocontrol system.

I have always flown (IFR) at ~FL100, except over the Alps.

Also the airspace below FL200 is almost totally empty of traffic, except in terminal areas, and the Eurocontrol routings keep most GA well away from those. For most of us, the “busy airspace” is a myth, taken from ATC briefings.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I agree with you Peter, if we talk IFR.
I was not specific enough in my comment, as I was referring to cross country VFR planning, where you often have to change level to stay below some TMA’s (especially class A) or to stay clear of terrain.
For that use case, the profile view that shows the planned levels is useful (at least for me :)).

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

NicoKM wrote:

Hopefully one day we’ll see the profile view taking in account the changes in altitude, as the so called “European competitor” does :)

@Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight please implement this.

ESME, ESMS

NicoKM wrote:

More on that soon :)

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States
Sign in to add your message