Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anyone know status of this proposed flight

I am heading up a youth aviation project which will be launched next month....watch this space!

I need to get 10 young people from A to B and back to A at the end of the day. Each leg approx 25 mins flight.

Can anyone answer this for me....

If the aircraft (possibly 1 - 3) is used with the permission of the owner, the pilot(s) offers their services for free; all the fuel is provided free of charge (by aviation fuel supplies), landing fees have been waived at both ends and the passengers do not pay anything at all

what is this flight classed as in respect of insurance purposes/ the ANO?

Thanks

Jude

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

As regards insurance - ask the company covering the aircraft, preferably with the reply on record. Could it be construed as a charity flight? If so, the EASA/CAA rules are in AIC: W 104/2012 of 12-JUL-2012.

If any other organisation is involved, they'll have their rules. (e.g Education authority)

[edited to show the AIC name, as the Eurocontrol URL will stop working shortly, because they keep changing the tokens within the URL in an apparent attempt to prevent documents being bookmarked - Peter]

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Hi Maoraigh

Thank you.

No its not a charity flight as no money will be donated to any charity and no money will be made.

If no money or benefit in kind is made for the purpose of the flight then the flight is Private.

From your description it appears to fit the criteria perfectly.

A useful reference: Here

Thank you Tumbleweed

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message