Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A humble observation/request: add your location to profile

Hello All.

I like trawling the forums and conclude that what would give the various threads more oomph and situational awareness would be if the various contributes added next to their ICAO letters under their avatars, the name of the actual airport/place. I would then know exactly where you are in the world and it would make it just that bit more fun reading the posts. Hopefully others would also enjoy this tiny enhancement. Many thanks for those that could do this. Saves me having to look up the codes each time as I am a lazy couch potato when trawling.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Done!

Hm, not wanting to be rude but I think most people don’t care. The few who are really curious can still look up the ICAO code, countless sources are available. What I resent, though, is people not giving any details in their profile. But they may have their respectable reasons.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I think Bloomer’s suggestion is very good. It would add more to the information posted. EuroGA is uniquely informative already but sometimes more geographical context is good.

Plus many people give no clue at all as to their location. One can understand the desire for privacy, but the name of the country would be nice

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

Hm, not wanting to be rude but I think most people don’t care.

EB is good enough for me

LFPT, LFPN

Bloomer wrote:

next to their ICAO letters under their avatars, the name of the actual airport/place

Is there anyone in avition who can not read ICAO codes or doesn’t at least know the mayor European countries in such a code?

Can’t really see what a clear text information adds to a 4 letter code which can be looked up in less than one minute. This is an aviation forum after all, not a tourist information.

For Bloomer:
https://www.world-airport-codes.com/

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 05 Nov 05:42
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

To those that were able to make the small change without being rude. Thank you.

Mooney_Driver, thank you for the link but really you missed the point of my post completely Never mind.

I am out of here. Have a nice day.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

I like the idea, so I’ve done it.

Maybe the enigmatic nature of some contributors is typical of internet forums, but in my case I was a little reluctant in the early days of this form to reveal too much. It was a change for me to post under my real name rather than a nickname, and I have found it quite liberating. This is not a criticism of those that do, I understand they often have good reasons such as work etc.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

@Bloomer – please don’t take the almost constant negativity of some posters personally

I’ve done mine too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Done mine too

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message