Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your help needed with promoting EuroGA

I forgot to send a load of leaflets to the organisers at Aero Friedrichshafen!

I wonder if somebody could leave a load of the leaflets on the literature stands there?

They distribute them free for nonprofit organisations like EuroGA.

Is anybody leaving for EDNY on say Friday, who I could post some to?

We always get a load of new members from EDNY.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am at the Microlight Trade Fair end of this month (doing PR for Fly About Aviation/Pipistrel) and will be at most of the Royal Aero Club’s 3Rs air racing weekends (UK, France and Holland)

If you can let me have a load Peter I can distribute them. The address is still the same.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

I totally forgot to hand out some leaflet packs at the Copenhagen fly-in, for people to leave at their airfields

Is there anyone who can leave some at their local?

PM or email me your postal address and I will send you some.

Administrator

I need some help with a project.

I am going to mail packs of EuroGA leaflets to selected airfields in certain countries.

Some text will be prepared and need translating into the local language.

I am thinking of UK (no translation needed), Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, Norway, Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, etc.

Following this thread I have an idea of which airports are worth doing, but it isn’t so simple because some research is needed to identify aeroclubs and their names and addresses.

Is anyone interested in helping me with this? The two tasks are (a) the translation and (b) doing a bit of local-language google to find the aeroclubs’ details.

Starting with France, I have these airfields from a French pilot:

Toussus-le-Noble
Lognes-Émerainville
Grenoble-the-Versoud
Saint-Cyr-l’École
Chavenay-Villepreux
Cannes-Mandelieu
Coulommiers-Voisins
Etampes-Montdesir
Aix-les-Milles Holiday Rentals
Toulouse-Lasbordes

The text would be just a few lines describing EuroGA and addressed to the airfield admin / aeroclub chief. I can think of something but I am sure some will have better ideas.

Feel free to post here or let me know by email or PM.

Administrator

Zero response…

It would be an interesting test to see if a greater response would be generated by posting that EuroGA will be shut down

Administrator

In the end I asked a few people I know and have translations into French, Norwegian and German.

There seems to be no easy way to get aeroclub names and addresses apart from a google on “aeroclub [airport name]”. The problem with this is that for e.g. France you get 5-10 clubs for each location, some with websites 10 years old… Anyway, I have mailed France and Norway.

Administrator
here seems to be no easy way to get aeroclub names and addresses apart from a google on “aeroclub [airport name]”.

You’ll find a list of Swedish clubs here. The list is not quite exhaustive as it only lists clubs that are affiliated with the Royal Swedish Aeroclub (KSAK), but almost every club is. The only major ones I am aware of which aren’t affiliated with KSAK are SAS Flygklubb and Hässlö Flygförening at Västerås (ESOW) airport. Both have address Hässlögatan 10, 721 31 Västerås.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

That is really good – many thanks. Could you suggest the top 20 to contact? There are a few in this post.

Another thing is whether to mail the leaflets to clubs or mail them to airport admin. In certain countries GA is mostly club based, whereas in others there are more “lone operators” who just walk through the airport’s GA entrance and never go anywhere near a club. France is obviously mostly the former whereas the UK is obviously mostly the latter. Perhaps Sweden and Germany are halfway?

Ultimately the key Q is where are the literature stands which people walk past. I didn’t do EDNY in 2017 but in previous years left a big chunk of leaflets there and we always got loads of new members.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Another thing is whether to mail the leaflets to clubs or mail them to airport admin. In certain countries GA is mostly club based, whereas in others there are more “lone operators” who just walk through the airport’s GA entrance and never go anywhere near a club. France is obviously mostly the former whereas the UK is obviously mostly the latter. Perhaps Sweden and Germany are halfway?

Difficult to say Peter. All fields which I have visited so far in Germany (very few compared to all other German EuroGA pilots I guess), club and airport were often strongly intertwined and even if there were multiple organisations (my home field has two, for example) they all hang around in the same places. I guess this is different only for larger airports (where clubs will be less important).

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Hi Peter, sorry late to the party. I would do the ones on the FR/CH border. Better knowledge of English than most of the rest of France. Annemasse, Annecy and if you want to I can drop some off in LFHN.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message