Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your help needed with promoting EuroGA

boscomantico wrote:

Very commendable, Emir. Yet, there has not been a single other pilot from Croatia participating here in 10 years.

As Peter often points out, far more people read the forum than contribute content to it. So it’s quite possible, in fact likely, that there are lots of pilots from Croatia reading the forum, even if they aren’t contributing.

Peter has also reported that when the leaflets are distributed, that he can see an increase in new connections from that region. So they must be doing something.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Yes; definitely the effect is visible in new joinups.

And both positive and negative.

For example if one leaves a pack at some popular GA airfield, I see a steady stream of new joinups. The challenge is to make sure somebody there doesn’t toss it in the bin; and I think the plexiglass stand works much better then because it looks much more professional, but the location still needs a regular visit because of some people’s habit of putting another leaflet in front of the EuroGA stack. That is why I put a lot of work into getting them out at Aero Friedrichshafen, with their organiser’s permission (where somebody was famously going around every day and binning them; I will one day get a photo and post it for identification )

And when I mailed 100+ aeroclubs in Germany, France, Norway, Sweden, practically zero zilch no activity followed, which in hindsight should not have surprised me but it was an expensive exercise.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

On my 2nd visit to Mali Losinj LDLO so far this year, I’ve found that the leaflets there (in their own stand) got moved out of the stand and were hidden behind some others.

It’s not the staff doing it – they would just throw them out if they didn’t want them, and they know that EuroGA brings a lot of business to the Croatian island airports – so it must be one of the regular visiting pilots.

A “battle of the forums” A bit sad though.

We had leaflets disappearing from the EuroGA stand at Aero Friedrichshafen, on an industrial scale, but there I prob99 knew who was doing it.

Administrator

A “battle of the forums” A bit sad though. We had leaflets disappearing from the EuroGA stand at Aero Friedrichshafen, on an industrial scale, but there I prob99 knew who was doing it.

Would make for one helluva reality show on TV 😄

Last Edited by airways at 03 Sep 04:39
EBST, Belgium

I probably wrote this before but many years ago I was contacted by a TV producer re a drama based around a flying school. There was going to be the usual innuendo with instructors and female students, of course (like you could do around a driving school; reportedly a large % of women turn up for driving lessons in very short skirts)

Most people I spoke to about it thought it was not a good idea to get involved

It would be fairly easy to get a video of who was binning the leaflets at Friedrichshafen.

The “problem” is that our leaflets do work very well, so some people are envious. That’s is why I keep asking people here on EuroGA to leave some at airports they are based at, or travel to. With the stand they look very professional. And above all they cost very little, so the donations aren’t going to waste. If anyone can place some at wht they think is a reliable place (where the staff are happy with it) I will happily send them a pack via airmail.

Administrator

Dubrovnik LDDU

Administrator

Peter wrote:

On my 2nd visit to Mali Losinj LDLO so far this year, I’ve found that the leaflets there (in their own stand) got moved out of the stand and were hidden behind some others.

If I knew that you were going to LDLO I would’ve asked to take some leaflets (and a sticker) for me because I’ve been there only the next day
And by the way, I haven’t seen the leaflets there.

Peter wrote:

and they know that EuroGA brings a lot of business to the Croatian island airports

That’s for sure, including me. I was really attracted to that destination by this very forum..

Last Edited by UdoR at 06 Sep 12:34
Germany

Did you see the stand on top of the x-ray machine?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Did you see the stand on top of the x-ray machine?

Ah! No.

This is directly after the passport control where one is heading through as fast as possible with all the stuff. No I didn’t even look on top of the scanner. Best area would be behind that, next to the door where you pay the landing fee. Regarding the amount of traffic this forum produces for LDLO they should allow to have it hung to the wall.

Germany

Comiso LICB equipped with EuroGA leaflets.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message