Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Windy.com - an amazing wind and weather visualisation site

Aaaand they changed it again.

But it’s possible to customize it now:

Last Edited by hazek at 24 Apr 09:15
ELLX, Luxembourg

Makes sense. I guess I’ve been looking at windy days only ;-)

EBGB EBKT, Belgium

Tango wrote:

Anyone know what the small grey dots in the profile view of the Windy route planner mean? First time I see them

As I understand them, it’s “no wind”…

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Anyone know what the small grey dots in the profile view of the Windy route planner mean? First time I see them

EBGB EBKT, Belgium

They didn’t break it for me. Actually aside from that menu graphics change nothing else changed for me. But I am using custom colors that I set myself.

ELLX, Luxembourg

I posted this in the windy.com user forum because they don’t seem to understand it. Or maybe the devs never read the forum.

The last windy.com update has cleared most of the mappings between altitude and colour.

I’ve better changed my name to “Nobody”, then. It took perhaps half an hour to change the colours of the relevant layers (cloudbase, visibility, a few more) to something which is both more easily readable and corresponds to relevant limit values, like 1500 m, 5000 m etc.

Yes but you have a PhD.

And I still don’t see why they broke it…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

only available in the desktop version?

Looks like it… a workaround on iOS might be to use the pin.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Peter wrote:

Nobody is going to be doing this sort of hacking.

I’ve better changed my name to “Nobody”, then. It took perhaps half an hour to change the colours of the relevant layers (cloudbase, visibility, a few more) to something which is both more easily readable and corresponds to relevant limit values, like 1500 m, 5000 m etc.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Dan wrote:

Yeah, it is kinda weird… another access to all aviation clouds would be by selecting Clouds, aviation

Where do you get this? I can’t see it in the app (I have a subscription). Is it only available in the desktop version?

EDQH, Germany

Yes but it worked before their last UI change… Nobody is going to be doing this sort of hacking.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
193 Posts
Sign in to add your message