Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Health / Food / Blood Pressure (merged)

Alas I’m eight years nearer my demise than I had thought……

Egnm, United Kingdom

This week my youngest daughter (11 years old) went to a school camp and I volunteered as a group supervisor.

I was shocked to find out that of these 60 kids there were 24 that had to use medication; Ritalin, allergy nose spray, etc etc.

You have 2 energy stores, glycogen and fat. The textbook said glycogen is used for the first 40 minutes, only after that do you start burning fat. If you exercise for several hours without eating, it should burn fat. Only walking and cycling are likely exercises for this, maybe jogging.
I find the use of Ritalin horrific. I wonder if anyone has done a study on its effect on learning, as opposed to sitting quietly, getting a certificate, then leaving school to be a druggy.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I have to consider myself very lucky: my weight hasn’t changed since my first FAA pilot medical (at age 24, 21 years ago), when I was 152 lbs (69kg, 10st 10). That has included several years in Texas eating too much tex-mex and the mega-portions you tend to get there. I’ve never really paid that much attention to food, I just tend to eat something when I’m hungry. Perhaps one day I’ll have to stick to rabbit food to maintain a healthy weight, but that day hasn’t come yet.

Andreas IOM

Wait another couple of years ;-)

In order to lose weight, there is no need to be hungry. Eat more (healthy) fats, less carbohydrates, more green vegetables, and move.
Chris Froome is running on ketones (fat burning).
There are many interesting books about nutrition (the new correct way).
Here are a few: ‘Undoctored’ by William Davis, ‘The Salt fix’ by DiNicolantoinino, ‘The 7 principles of Fat Burning’ by Eric Berg, ‘Stop Alzheimers now’ by Bruce Fife.

EBKT

Water fasted week before last for 5 days, dropped a whopping 17lbs (mostly water I assume). Had hedonistic dinner party last week, gained 5 back, but then went back to Keto diet (no carbs) and have lost about 2lbs so far this week (seems to average about 0.5-0.75lbs per night). I’ve never felt better, actually. Will stick with Keto for as long as I can now.

Dropping meat and (especially) dairy will work wonders and you won’t go hungry

Replace it with veg and nuts.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Coming back to this

what i found interesting is that atherosclerosis is an – at least somewhat – reversible disease. The link to diet has been obvious for ages…

the bad thing is that the moment you have any sign of a heart issue, your EASA (or FAA) medical is gone unless you have “surgery”.

It can be just a stent, or it might have to be a bypass.

But the dietary option for sorting this out is not available, AIUI, even though it has been demonstrated (above) that you could reverse atherosclerosis almost completely in something like 2 years.

So much of medicine is still in the 19th century. If your only tool is a knife

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message