Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Another entry into the diesel market: Mooney

Whatever one thinks, you have to compliment the new Chinese owners for thinking big from the get-go.

http://www.mooneyworldwide.com

I think that mooneyworldwide site is a spoof set up by somebody in Spain and intended to embarrass the company:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Possibly – but obviously a lot of work went into it :-)

Why use an officially registered company if you do that though?!

Last Edited by Shorrick_Mk2 at 15 Nov 09:10

Who knows… could be the guy’s business.

A google on
AMT & Soul Holding
shows they make/sell Iphone etc apps. So he is obviously into IT, probably has resident graphics designers, and one day they got a bit pissed and had a party… graphic designers can be very productive (my son does that). I recall seeing a spoof Italian aviation magazine done in the same vein, though (being Italian) it had a lot of girls in bikinis

Also not everybody realises that WHOIS displays all this information

Also, I have very recently seen a sales brochure from a hopeful new entrant to the piston GA tourer scene which was even more embarrasingly ambitious than the Mooney spoof. I told them that I didn’t think a domination of the whole universe was credible and that they should limit their ambitions to just the Earth. I don’t think it went down too well…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What I like best about it is the “Mooney Billionaire Resort” :-)
How many “billionaires” fly Mooneys? (They don’t fly SR22s either)

A typical billionair aviation buff flies either MiG-29 or A340, or maybe a Gulfstream V if he’s only a small billionaire

Creative designers and at least one good Mandarin speaker too.

Good news for the claustrophobians: the M10-models seem to have a door on each side.
I’m afraid this will reduce the useful cabin width. If they keep the leg space from the M20J and up, I might fit. Otherwise there will be no room for my left knee. A problem I seem to have in most low-wing GA piston aircraft…

EBST, Belgium

EBST, Belgium

so the J seems to be a 3 seater (2 plus one optional?) Interesting.

Not sure about it taking too much space. We’ll have to wait and see how the doors are done. I think it is a clear concession to many who have complained about the lack of a left hand door. Mooney appears to listen to the comments the users have posted.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The 2+1 seating is brilliant, imho. Leaves legroom for the backseater while the pilot’s seat is fully aft. And I don’t think a lot of Mooney drivers fly with 4 POB. I have never done that…

EBST, Belgium
Sign in to add your message