Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

The Commission is likely to propose another postponement probably of 1 year because the BASA itself first needs to be amended before we can adopt the PPL Annex. If it goes through, this postponement would become law in February 2015 , so well before the deadline of April 2015.

Note that any proposal would need to be approved by the EASA Committee.

I don’t have a written reference for the above but checked it is OK to post.

Edit July 2017: latest news is at the end of this thread, including the peculiar situation for UK based N-regs

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For me it may become academic after the Scottish referendum! Looks increasingly possible that I will be living in the Independent Republic of the Queer Fish…..(Salmond and Sturgeon)….presumably no longer in the EU

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

As Scotland is not an ICAO signatory, pilot licensing will be quite interesting!

Details, details…..surely given enough irrational nationalistic fervour all these things can be overcome…..all the QF need to do is gather a suitably partisan mob and bully ICAO….It seems to be the plan for overcoming any and all practicalities??!!

What’s the Scottish tail sign going to be?

What’s the Scottish tail sign going to be?

Well in my case it will be N….. Maybe Scotland could have XS with the “X” on a blue background!

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 03 Sep 11:35

I’d make it “W” :-)

I’d make it “W” :-)

Ha! That’s brilliant…

Well, I’m knee deep in converting my FAA PPL and IR, so I’m going to go ahead and march forward. I’ve already spent the money on a medical and written exams.

££££

Man this is expensive. Medical, written exams, check rides, flight training for the IR, RT exam! What great employment creating legislation!

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

What on earth is this all about? Converting FAA IR to EASA CB-IR and written exams? RT exam? I must have missed something.

LFPT, LFPN
882 Posts
Sign in to add your message