Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny registrations

According to G-INFO, the Edgley Optica pictured is actually owned by Edgley himself.

Andreas IOM

Don’t know if that one has popped up so far:

(credit: planecheck)

For sale at the moment.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Seen in a hangar at Cannes LFMD this morning. It seems to be based there. No idea who owns it.

LFMD, France

It looks like the Manx registry has a lot of humor. I’ve seen quite a few funny M-regs and some rather special ones too.

M-ARIO or M-CCCP come to mind.

Funny regs are usually pretty unpleasant to read off fast. M-ARIO is horrible… I recall that the lady pilot owner of the DA42 in post #1 soon got fed up with it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Funny regs are usually pretty unpleasant to read off fast.

Probably it is illegal but I have heard controllers calling the planes simply by their short name. D-BOSS for example was simply called “delta-boss” on the radio.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

I have heard controllers calling the planes simply by their short name

You can hear all sorts of interompu callsigns from time to time. Retirement flights are popular…

And when Ed Force One was flying, their correct callsign was Atlanta with a flight number. Several ATC units however used Ed Force One.

EDQH, Germany

johnh wrote:

Seen in a hangar at Cannes LFMD this morning. It seems to be based there. No idea who owns it.

hi John,
M-Ouse is owned by someone a bit famous in the corner, but I don’t know what she had special except a mustang :D

LFMD, France

M-OUSE is a regular at Shoreham, and is owned by Martin Coward (hedge fund manager IIRC). He’s the guy who’s always just out of shot.

Last Edited by IO390 at 03 Jan 18:32
United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message