Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Denmark Norway Sweden and Spain - ban on N-reg long term parking

huv wrote:

Helicopter

That makes sense. Thank you for the reply.

The small staff of the Danish “CAA”-wannabe is alive and kicking. Kicking hard, apparently. A Danish N-reg owner has very recently been approached by two officials threatening to seize his aircraft. So the official take on long-term parking of non-EASA-regs here has not changed. I am not sure how the “CAA” is arguing or if they simply have not yet discovered EU, but I might hear more about it in the future.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

A Danish N-reg owner has very recently been approached by two officials threatening to seize his aircraft.

Is there any more info?

All over Europe there have been reports of some pilot getting threatened over something, and that gets reported on forums, but almost never is there any follow-up.

I realise most people don’t want to report a fine, especially one which relates to their aircraft whose resale value they want to protect, but one hears so little about any follow-ups.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well I wrote this as a follow-up on an earlier note, and I intend to add more when I know more, and I expect to learn more and will be following mentioned case from the sideline. But of course I will have to consider if I can actually disclose all information, and if it could harm the owner.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

The matter has become a bit more personal now. In December 2016 I was myself charged by Danish CAA for piloting an aircraft on foreign EASA registry in Denmark without the required special Danish permission. EASA has shown some interest in the case, and via Danish AOPA the files have been sent to the head of Acting Director Aviation Directorate in EASA for further study.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

huv wrote:

In December 2016 I was myself charged by Danish CAA for piloting an aircraft on foreign EASA registry in Denmark without the required special Danish permission.

WTF? We are talking about an EASA registered airplane in Denmark – not third country? An airplane supposedly being maintained by the same standards as airplanes all over the Union. No wonder the EU is falling apart with that kind of stupidity. On the other hand the Danish government did not mind taking our VAT money back when we imported airplanes through Denmark.

I feel like crying now. We should have an emoji.

LFPT, LFPN

Have seen a (Eclipse?) Jet on N-reg at EKRK. Don’t know who the owner is.

Nej Henrik, du er ikke den eneste dansker her. :-)

EKRK, Denmark

It’s all about moving about.

If you move about, you can do all kinds of stuff. Same with income tax

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Aviathor wrote:

On the other hand the Danish government did not mind taking our VAT money back when we imported airplanes through Denmark.

I don’t get that.
How much VAT did you pay to use the Danish 0% VAT route.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

pmh wrote:

Danish 0% VAT route.

True

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message