Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New plane - TB20GT

After my accident last year, I said I’d never buy another plane. Too expensive to maintain, too much hassle. But then a very nice TB20 with state of the art avionics crossed my path. And a few months later, here we are. We flew her to Mandelieu, her new home, today.

LFMD, France

Congratulations 🥳 looks good!

Germany

Congratulations!

Before Peter mentions, that nose oleo needs some extra pressure (the elbow should be >90 Deg).

Perhaps some TB20 meetups are in order?

United Kingdom

Congrats !

I said I’d never buy another plane

Another Aeroplane then

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Feb 22:34
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Awesome choice! Congratulations. Where did you find it for sale (or was it „offline“)?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Looks like fun! Enjoy it.

I checked your track for the flight home on Flightaware and it shows funny up and down groundspeed data but I’m guessing this is an artifact of the collection method.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 11 Feb 04:50

Where did you find it for sale

I was looking at used plane ads for France, mainly to reassure myself that even if I did want another plane, I wouldn’t find anything I wanted – just tired old DR400-120s and PA28s. Then this one showed up and I was hooked. It was on one of the regular French sites, forget which.

funny up and down groundspeed data

You often see that with Foreflight, even for airliners. If we’d actually had the speed variations that the log shows, I think the acceleration forces would have killed us.

LFMD, France

Lovely airplane! Congratulations!

Great choice too. I think the TB20 is one of the best tourers for Europe. Great range and good payload, comfy cabin, what else does one need. Enjoy and have fun!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

johnh wrote:

I was looking at used plane ads for France, mainly to reassure myself that even if I did want another plane, I wouldn’t find anything I wanted

sooo, you like to play these kind of dangerous games, don’t ya
Enjoy your acquisition and good luck (and see ya at the next fly-out, meet-up, or whatever it’s gonna be called).

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Woohoo 🎉 exciting

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message