Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Medical Renewal risks and Cardiovascular Health

Thanks for the update.

Yeah… a fairly standard NHS “what is good for the population as a whole” view I wonder if he takes all that stuff? More specifically if he takes BP medication and does much (or any) physical activity. The “start to develop plaque on their cardiac arteries, regardless of diet” is also, yeah, in the same league. Most in the business quietly admit that “politics is the art of the possible” and most people will never change their diet, so… pills and more pills!

Anyway, we’ve done that stuff to death, and the same 2 or 3 people don’t like the discussion every time, and you got good news!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I wonder if he takes all that stuff?

He confirmed that he takes statins as a preventative. He is very thin and he tells me his BP is so low “it is in his boots”. He does not take BPO meds.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Yeah… a fairly standard NHS “what is good for the population as a whole” view I wonder if he takes all that stuff?

My AME actually said something very similar – that perhaps everyone should go on a cocktail of statins, metformin and a couple of other things. I have no idea what he himself takes.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Best thing for your health (and wealth) is a vasectomy

Then everybody can have a Jetprop, and nobody has an excuse to not come to a fly-in.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter. It’s not the vasectomy that would eliminate the excuses, it’s the avoidance of marriage What happens to the man who has chooses to have no children for all around betterment of the world is that his eventual wife, the one that was driven by instinct to have a child with her first husband, travels to see the now-grown child….

That leaves the man taking care of the now-expanded household including its local surrogate children (pets) while the wife is away, and this limits his overnight flying as a result

Sorry for expanding the thread drift. I just finished mowing the lawn, but on the other hand I’m exercising and not taking statins.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Apr 18:08

Well this week I had my first post 65 stress ECG which fortunately went OK

I lost a couple of kilos in the run up to the test and hope to lose a couple more.

Next one in four years, all things being equal.

I don’t do any BP type medication but BP was quite respectable, if not quite in my boots :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Dr. Nomy told me the same thing (except we didn’t discuss statins).

I’m minded to stick with him as he’s younger than me so probably won’t retire before I snuff it, and hopefully he won’t snuff it before me (my last AME – the only one in the Isle of Man – died of cancer, he was in his 70s by then. Really nice man too, it’s a big loss to us).

Andreas IOM
117 Posts
Sign in to add your message