Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for a FAA CFII - Europe

10 Posts

Good evening,

Are there any CFII in Europe? I am considering getting the FAA IR in Europe vs. US if that’s an option. I have passed the knowledge test a few weeks ago.
I know some of you did the whole IR in Europe when the knowledge test could still be taken in Paris/London but now that this option is gone, I wonder if it’s still possible to go through the flying on this side of the pond.

Thank you,

KHPN, LFBE, EGKB, United States

I would not say they are plentyful, but there are quite a few. I do not know any in the Bordeaux/Bergerac area, but there might be.

I know a few in the Paris area.

LFPT, LFPN

www.ipaviation.com is around London. He isn’t a great instructor (I think also type rating instructor on small jets) and great guy too.

Michael Ladstätter at LOWI, see details here: http://euram.at/flight/

The problem is that while there are loads of CFIIs around, who can train you 100% legitimately according to FAA requirements, if you want to get the checkride done in Europe you have lots of complications, because the guy who has exclusive rights on doing checkrides needs to approve of the instructor you used. So you can’t just get the required training and then try to sort out the checkride – unless you go to the USA for the checkride. It’s a controversial subject…

One name which used to come up a lot (for the whole process) was Orbifly in France.

I did all this about 10-15 years ago (FAA PPL, FAA CPL, FAA IR exams) but that was a whole different era… and large numbers of people were doing it to escape the JAA regime.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am actually based in the US but spend a lot of time in Europe and fly mostly in Europe. That’s why I’m thinking about getting the training in Europe. Going back to the US for the check ride isn’t a problem.

Thanks a lot for all the advice !

KHPN, LFBE, EGKB, United States

Anyone know an FAA certified CFI or CFII near Sabadell, Spain (LELL). I’m in need of a BFR and IPC.

EHLE, Netherlands

Found one. PM me if anyone needs his contact details.

EHLE, Netherlands

Hi fellow pilots. Looking for an Faa Cfii for an Ipc-Bfr check in spain or Europe. Be safe.

Does any one know of a faa cfii near Madrid with a n-reg aircraft to do an IPC?

Rus
Spain
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message