Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Should we have advertising on EuroGA?

From here

I am contacted regularly by businesses who want to advertise here, but it would damage the forum.

Not sure I agree – if it’s related to flying I have no problem with it I’m sure there are some cool products and services that I don’t know about.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

eurogaguest1980 wrote:

From here I am contacted regularly by businesses who want to advertise here, but it would damage the forum.

Not sure I agree – if it’s related to flying I have no problem with it I’m sure there are some cool products and services that I don’t know about.

If it is a separate post somwhere on the forum, then I don’t care, if it is a banner, then I’d use AdBlock or something.

EGTR

Many forums have a dedicated section for „partner offers“ to advertise their services.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Many forums have a dedicated section for „partner offers“ to advertise their services.

The problem of such section is visibility. I doubt any business would be particularly happy with low visibility of its ad. I don’t remember when I visited Marketplace section on EuroGA last time and I guess the majority of regular visitors go only to “Active Threads”. Businesses are interested in visibility of their ads and their goal is to present ad to every visitor as many times as they can rather than presenting their offer on request.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The really amazing thing is how few people seem to care.

5 years ago we would have had a very long thread.

Maybe people have become conditioned to “advertising everywhere”. Or maybe because most people here are IT-aware and would just adblock them (as I would if it was me).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter,
I have no no problem with ads here – if it helps to keep this running.

LKKU, LKTB

Peter wrote:

Or maybe because most people here are IT-aware and would just adblock them (as I would if it was me).

For me I just dont like being carpet bombed with ads, none of which ever would have any interest

United Kingdom

I do care. EuroGA is one of the few places on the net where you aren’t bothered by ads. I’m happy to regularly chip in on the operating costs of EuroGA to keep it that way,

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I have no problem with advertising if it helps to keep the forum going.
However, I would like to see a different form of advertising. Not pop ups and not just a picture and marketing speak. IMO the adds could be listed like the list of “threads possibly related to this one”. The add itself should be more factual and more based on how a pilot would integrate such a product into existing equipment ot procedures (assuming that the adds would be mostly aviation related) and what it exactly does for the pilot. This would of course mean not limiting the advert to marketing speak text length.

Finally the advertiser would have to agree that paid advertising does not preclude genuine review by posters on the forum.

France

I will keep the input here going and then I will tell you all what I think So keep posting, please.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
35 Posts
Sign in to add your message