Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

French airports and 24hr / 48hr PN

chflyer wrote:

There are lots of abbreviations used in NOTAMS without any standardization as far as I‘m aware.

Section GEN 2.2 of the AIP:

ACT      En service ou en activité ou activité       Active or activated or activity

Last Edited by lionel at 22 Sep 09:13
ELLX

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Ok, so they are there from 0300 to 2100 (lT or UTC?)

UTC. Can only be UTC. But might be +1 during summer daylight saving time.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

And still need 12 hr PPR for a Non Schengen Departures? (…) arrivals (…) according to this NOTAM there is no requirement for a PPR

I understood “OUTBOUND SCHENGEN” as bad translation for flights “exiting Schengen airspace”, not “outbound from LFMT but intra-Schengen”. Let’s see the French version… Yes, the French version says “tous les vols hors Schengen”, so applies to arrivals from non-Schengen and departures to non-Schengen, other than planned (scheduled?) commercial flights.

Last Edited by lionel at 22 Sep 09:19
ELLX

lionel wrote:

Can only be UTC. But might be +1 during summer daylight saving time.

For a NOTAM such as this, where the validity period falls entirely in the daylight savings time period, it would be extremely unlikely that it would be +1.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

lionel wrote:

UTC. Can only be UTC. But might be +1 during summer daylight saving time.

Yea, from the times given that was what I expected. Yet, it should be specified as such in an official document such as a NOTAM.

lionel wrote:

Yes, the French version says “tous les vols hors Schengen”, so applies to arrivals from non-Schengen and departures to non-Schengen, other than planned (scheduled?) commercial flights.

I thought so, thanks, that makes sense too.

Maybe someone should check if the people who translate this stuff into English have at least a Level 4 or better 5 or 6, assessed by a native speaker? Or can’t the DGAC afford a proper translator, maybe a native speaker?

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 22 Sep 11:02
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Or can’t the DGAC afford a proper translator, maybe a native speaker?

Given the sometimes weird wordings used in the French AIP I would guess that’s the case.

It’s not DGAC who write AD NOTAMS or AIP AD2.2? aerodrome operator send the French/English text to someone in SIA who publish it, yes there is some proof reading on SIA

SIA is open to proof-reading things by pilot either from lost translations or deprecated legacy text laws, the last time I contact them they told me they are more than happy with suggestions, I never expected that French AIP is actually an OpenSource collaborative project, they should have a website called “WIKI-AIP”? it’s far from being the bible

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Sep 11:27
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

So what do people here think that notam is saying?

LFMT is a disorganised mess

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

So what do people here think that notam is saying?

Customs and immigration is available between 0300-2100 UTC.

If you are leaving Schengen on a non-scheduled flight, you need PPR.

If you make the PPR request between 0300-2100 UTC you should make it at least 12 hr in advance. If you make it at other times, you need to make it 24 hr in advance.

You must send a gendec to [email protected]

That is completely ridiculous, in a world where you could get into a lot of trouble with the 9mm carrying police.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From here

Not much there.

Nantes is only 2 hours PN, and the handling can be done by the club with PN to them. In that case, it‘s also cheap. According to Ibra, this also works non-Schengen flights. If you use Aviapartner however, it‘s supposedly very expensive.

Bordeaux is no PN, but is rather expensive. It‘s also COHOR-coordinated.

In the east, there is always Chalons Vatry with no PN.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message