Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Standby attitude indicator replacement in C172S (G1000)

Hej all,

A pilot friend here in Sweden has started to have some weirdness with the standby attitude indicator in his G1000 equipped Cessna 172. Instead of just repairing it/replacing it, he is wondering whether it’s smart(er) to replace it with a G5 or GI275, and ditch the vacuum system. It has the KAP140 AP.

Do you have any thoughts and or advice? My thoughts are that yes, it sounds smart to go with a G5. A GI275 can be overkill perhaps for a standby (which can be a life saver of course). Will the EASA paperwork kill the idea?

Thanks in advance all!

uAvionix AV-30 ?

martin-esmi wrote:

Do you have any thoughts and or advice? My thoughts are that yes, it sounds smart to go with a G5. A GI275 can be overkill perhaps for a standby (which can be a life saver of course). Will the EASA paperwork kill the idea?

I think it was discussed elsewhere and AFAIR the summary was that G5 cannot be used due to G1000 TC/STC requirements, GI275 could be, but it is best to check the TC for the aircraft, what is possible.

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

I think it was discussed elsewhere and AFAIR the summary was that G5 cannot be used due to G1000 TC/STC requirements, GI275 could be, but it is best to check the TC for the aircraft, what is possible.

It’s always the paperwork, hehe. Thanks! I will share it with him.

Bathman wrote:

uAvionix AV-30 ?

Here is a Review of the uAvionix AV-30 specifically in a Cessna publication.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message