Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine

We have some special rules for this thread, in addition to the normal EuroGA Guidelines. The basic one is that EuroGA will not be a platform for pro Russian material. For that, there are many sites on the internet. No anti Western posts. Most of us live in the "West" and enjoy the democratic and material benefits. Non-complying posts will be deleted and, if the poster is a new arrival, he will be banned.

The only rational argument in the direction of US corruption or impartiality with respect to the Ukraine is that the current Presidents family (and likely he himself) enriched themselves from Ukrainian sources attempting to influence US policy while he was vice-president. That is pretty well documented, but at this point I don’t think it has much influence when US national interests are a stake and the entire Congress is watching closely.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 02 Feb 21:36

Peter wrote:

and Bill Gates organised Covid.

Funny how time goes by. It’s less than a year ago since Covid was gone, and already I’m thinking “yes, there was something called Covid back in the days” The whole circus just seems so distant. And what a circus it was.

Now it’s the war in Ukraine. That’s not exactly a circus, except for Putin.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

It is a proxy war with the sole intent to destabilise Russia and privatise Ukraine.

I thought it was organized for testing new types of chemtrails.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

What I agree with is that certain countries rather closer than the US are going to tie financial support with reconstruction contracts. EU money will be firmly tied under the table with a lot of strings

The Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Schmyhal said that they invite German firms (among others) to perform the reconstruction of Ukraine once the war was over, and that there would be lots of lucrative contracts for the industry. He even thanked Chancellor Scholz for advertising investment into Ukraine in an event for German industry bosses.

Of course, from the Ukrainian POV, the contracts will be paid for by reparations from Russia as well as western private investors hoping to make a profit in Ukraine.

Source was a Spiegel interview (in German) this week. Link
He also claimed that UKR was going to meet the requirements for EU membership by late 2024, which is of course absurdly optimistic.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Peter wrote:

here.

I guarantee almost nobody will watch the 1hr+ videos, but I did.

After that challenge I had to watch one
It was balanced and well informed, and worth taking the time

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

The problem with dishing out contracts to EU companies is this:

Anything done with EU labour or EU-made products is 2x to 3x more expensive than if done with Ukrainian labour or Ukrainian products. We see this readily as before/after in countries which joined the EU in relatively recent years. This is the case even without a “lubrication margin” added.

So, yeah, while the money will be flowing freely, Ukraine would have got a lot more done if local resources were used.

This point will be obvious to anybody in Ukraine but they will get as much choice as Greece got with Fraport

It is the same with most “foreign aid” and always has been. For example when the UK sent a load of money for arms to [insert your favourite example of a dodgy country X] the money never left the UK. The hardware would be loaded up at Manston and flown direct. This was a) to maximise the return to the UK arms industry b) because local corruption in X would have mostly or wholly consumed it c) if you gave X the cash they would have got stuff that actually works from somebody else

But if Ukraine is still that corrupt at that point, it won’t get into the EU anyway. Hmmm maybe I am totally wrong here; look at [insert your favourite sunny tourism destination in the EU who got their accounts cooked by Merrill Lynch]

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I apologise for using a TikTok link but I didn’t find the video elsewhere during a quick search and it simply fits too well to Peter’s above post:

https://www.tiktok.com/@diem25.org/video/7190677866328100102

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

That is an absolute gem – thanks for posting it

Here is a longer Youtube version

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think it will take a long time before Ukraine gets into EU, if ever. When Russia is neutralized in whatever way that will happen, Ukraine will go back to their old ways. It’s a land with political corruption, but a very well functioning circular kind of economy where anything is possible. I just don’t see how the economy fits into the EU monolithic thinking and bureaucracy.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Peter wrote:

That is an absolute gem – thanks for posting it

Here is a longer Youtube version

Thanks Peter. I am certainly not from the same political spectrum as Mr Varoufakis but have to admit he has a sharp mind and a sharp tongue nevertheless. And he’s spot on regarding the difference between corruption in Southern and Northern Euroe and you simply have to love the wording “industrial-scale, beautifully-crafted high-tech corruption”

In other news the Invasion continues to influence European states decisions for rearmament. In this case LeSving’s homeland:

Norway will buy 54 Leopard 2A7 tanks from Germany it was reported today.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
Sign in to add your message