Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine

We have some special rules for this thread, in addition to the normal EuroGA Guidelines. The basic one is that EuroGA will not be a platform for pro Russian material. For that, there are many sites on the internet. No anti Western posts. Most of us live in the "West" and enjoy the democratic and material benefits. Non-complying posts will be deleted and, if the poster is a new arrival, he will be banned.

Peter wrote:

Even the butcher Kadyrov looked unhappy.

Kadyrov is calling for nukes to be used.

dublinpilot wrote:

I find it hard to imagine that the Germans will keep buying from him.

They have no choice. Particularly if they really go ahead and shut down their last NPP’s in the middle of this crisis. If they do that, their government can be officially called crazy. But it appears that quite a few exponents will not even under this condition allow the last 3 NPPs to continue. That btw is not only a German issue. If Germany runs short of power, they will suck it off others who have enough to satisfy their own market but are contractually obliged to shut their own people down to let the Germans have electricity. If that happens, I think there will be violence in the streets.

dublinpilot wrote:

So a mix between wind and solar spread across Europe, in a grid that is interconnected, is surely a viable solution.

Not likely. I think quite a few countries who have enough electricity will disconnect themselves from that European grid and see to it that they don’t pay the price for those who failed to secure enough electricity for their own countries.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

So a mix between wind and solar spread across Europe, in a grid that is interconnected, is surely a viable solution.
No!

That is what I also always thought. @lesving, why not?

Last Edited by aart at 02 Oct 05:44
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

This won´t happen without a massive de-industrialization and I don´t think the resulting consequences are obvious to everyone

I agree with both parts. But this is OK; politicians are not in office for ever and the next one is able to reverse a previous agenda, if necessary. It’s like Volvo saying they will be all-EV by 2023 (or whatever). These “zero carbon” targets are BS – unless achieved by buying carbon credits from the 3rd World

Kadyrov is calling for nukes to be used.

He’s a dickhead, which is great. The more the better.

23 must be a record for # of tanks

I don’t think many appreciate Ukraine’s motivation in this. This is from their telegram channel

with the caption saying:

Ukrainians support the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in his desire to kill all enemies

Now imagine you are a Russian soldier.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Interesting analysis from Russia

I think it is coloured by their internal prejudices but there is a growing realisation of a major screwup. Even the TV presenters are discussing it openly and Putin can’t arrange for all of them to jump out of windows

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Interesting analysis from Russia

I’m afraid this is anything but an analysis. This article is a textbook example of external locus of control: a carefully designed trap, infernal plans of the Western puppetmasters, two nations pitted against each other, yada yada yada. To me, this is merely an attempt to minimise the loss of face. It is indeed an admission of a major screwup, but it tries to present the two sides at the beginning of the conflict as equally good (or equally bad, if you will).

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 04 Oct 18:43
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

As if ‘54 economically developed countries’ would be able to agree on such a cunning plan in advance.. What a joker.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Yes; it is quite funny.

But this is standard communist stuff, recognisable to anyone who has lived in a communist country. The evil West wants to get us, invade us, etc. They don’t seem to “get” that the last time anybody was interested in their land was Hitler and his crazy Lebensraum. There is no logic in doing this, and never was.

Apparently the next Tesla car will be the Model Z

Administrator

a carefully designed trap, infernal plans of the Western puppetmasters, two nations pitted against each other, yada yada yada. To me, this is merely an attempt to minimise the loss of face. It is indeed an admission of a major screwup, but it tries to present the two sides at the beginning of the conflict as equally good (or equally bad, if you will).

Exactly. And another similarity with war(s) in ex-Yugoslavia. When Serbian side started to loose the war, their propaganda sounded exactly like this: this war was planned and fueled by Western countries because they were afraid of strong Yugoslavia, we lived peacefully in one country before, yada yada yada. In reality they failed to occupy first the whole territory of Yugoslavia (2 weeks war in Slovenia) then they failed to keep occupied parts of Croatia while they kept part of Bosnia (what is the main reason why this country is still non-functional) and finally they lost Kosovo. During these wars they committed horrible war crimes, genocide and ethnic cleansing of the territories under their control, incomparable to what other sides did during the conflict.

Last Edited by Emir at 05 Oct 06:20
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

When Serbian side started to loose the war, their propaganda sounded exactly like this: this war was planned and fueled by Western countries because they were afraid of strong Yugoslavia, we lived peacefully in one country before, yada yada yada.

Unfortunately this myth is still very active in many parts of both Serbia and within pro-Russian political groups elsewhere, i.e. in Bulgaria. To this day, everything “coming from the US” is rejected there and the US seen as the main enemy. Hence the support for Russia from lots of Serbian groups.

I guess this effect had a lot to do with the fact that as well in Serbia as in BG people widely refused the “American made” vaccines against Covid too.

Hate is never rational but it is deadlier than most weapons.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Reading all this latest stuff got me thinking anf perhaps you can all help me answer this question.
“When was the last time an invading force actually won a war?”

France
Sign in to add your message