Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine

We have some special rules for this thread, in addition to the normal EuroGA Guidelines. The basic one is that EuroGA will not be a platform for pro Russian material. For that, there are many sites on the internet. No anti Western posts. Most of us live in the "West" and enjoy the democratic and material benefits. Non-complying posts will be deleted and, if the poster is a new arrival, he will be banned.

@Jacko I suggest you at least attempt to give yourself a cursory education in clinical research. It’s a business I’ve worked in for almost 20 years now.

Those vaccines were tested on as many subjects as any pharmaceutical ever produced, and in trials designed with as much scientific rigour as anything ever devised. The reason it usually takes much longer is because companies prevaricate over development decisions, funding, etc. With the covid vaccines, none of that applied.

Prior to covid the general public knew absolutely nothing about clinical research. They still don’t, but the press tried to give everyone a crash course and we’ve ended up with an awful lot of armchair experts.

EGLM & EGTN

Jacko wrote:

The fast-track (lack of) testing is another matter.

Where did you find the data on lack of testing Covid-19 vaccines? I don’t want to sound rude but before writing you should definitely read something about the topic.

Jacko wrote:

Anecdotally, my NHS rheumatologist and a private nutritionist have told me they’ve seen significant worsening of autoimmune symptoms (RA etc.) following Covid vaccination.

Any data or it’s their gut feeling like your gut feeling on luck of testing? There are many researches on this and related topics…

https://www.autoimmuneinstitute.org/vaccine-autoimmune-disease-faq/
https://www.healthline.com/health/covid-vaccine-and-autoimmune-disease
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/imm.13443

Jacko wrote:

With hindsight, perhaps other measures could/should have been used to protect people already suffering or at risk from autoimmune diseases.

Like what?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Those vaccines were tested on as many subjects as any pharmaceutical ever produced, and in trials designed with as much scientific rigour as anything ever devised

I don’t believe that. There simply wasn’t time to look for long-term (months/years) side-effects. Which is presumably why the UK government/taxpayer had to assume product liability.

Were the vaccines tested on patients who were being treated with steroids? My understanding is that they were not. What is current guidance on that?

Any data or it’s their gut feeling

As I wrote, their “evidence” is anecdotal – just an increase in existing and new patients reporting more, and more severe, joint pain and inflammation. Could be coincidence. Both NHS and private consultants expressed the view that this issue was being swept under the table.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Guys, please don’t turn this into another Covid thread. Hindsight in this case will help future research, but for this we need a future to research in.

Looking at the developments in Ukraine and Russia today, I guess we have reached a culmination point where both parties are totally dug in and will not move an inch. Zelenski is asking the impossible from NATO and he knows it, but Putin will be even more spooked by his talk of NATO membership, which, may we be reminded, is part of the reason we are looking at a possible major escalation. Zelenski also needs to be put in his place by NATO: NO, Ukraine is neither de facto and certainly not de jure a NATO member and as long as it fights a war, it will not become one either.

We are now seeing a situation which has not been as dangerous since the Cuba Crisis. As predicted, Putin has now annexed all the conquered provinces and will from now on treat them as Russian soil. He is openly threatening nuclear retaliation for any kind of attack, which we all know will come.

I am more and more thinking this thing is going to blow up beyond any imagination. If Putin knows the war is lost, he will make sure that he will take as many of those he holds responsible with him if he goes down.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Zelenski is asking the impossible from NATO and he knows it

What is he asking for and why is it impossible? Joining NATO isn’t possible currently, although what are Greece and Turkey doing in there

We are now seeing a situation which has not been as dangerous since the Cuba Crisis

Khruschev was more stupid than Putin, I think. He was just a cunning Party brown-noser and ladder-climber.

which we all know will come.

I don’t think so.

Just seen this:

Partial mobilization continues in the Russian Federation. In the Khabarovsk Krai, officials responsible for the selection and preparation of mobilization resources have established new corruption “tariffs”. Thus, a postponement of mobilization costs 100 thousand rubles, which is an almost unattainable amount for the majority of the local population.

No off topic posts please.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

It is people who spread FUD like this who are responsible for the millions of unnecessary deaths of people who refused the vaccination because of the lies spread by the anti vaxxer crowd.

Well it was you who started it…..so back on track to the war in Ukraine. Putin cannot lose, can he? What is the West going to do? He has us by the nutz, he knows it, we know it, you all know it but deny you know it.

A long dark winter ahead methinks. Unless…..??

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 30 Sep 18:53
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby wrote:

Unless…..??

Unless we get rid of Putin. And yes, he can – and will – lose. Big time. Probably going to be a bit messy, but lose he will.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Putin has now annexed all the conquered provinces and will from now on treat them as Russian soil

Half conquered. Some of the oblasts that he’s claiming are now Russia haven’t even been fully occupied, or have had significant areas de-occupied.

Andreas IOM

Peter wrote:

What is he asking for and why is it impossible? Joining NATO isn’t possible currently,

Exactly that. He is asking for fast accession in to NATO. And that is not possible as long as Ukraine is in a shooting war.

Peter wrote:

Khruschev was more stupid than Putin, I think.

The consequences if Kruschev had not called back his forces would have been unthinkable. Quite possibly none of us would be here to discuss that. He may have been stupid but he was not suicidal. We will find out the latter about Putin.

alioth wrote:

Some of the oblasts that he’s claiming are now Russia haven’t even been fully occupied, or have had significant areas de-occupied.

Well, the next thing which may well come is going to be an ultimatum to Ukraine: Get out of “our” land or be nuked. At least that is what quite a few commentators believe. I would not bet against them.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Get out of “our” land or be nuked

That’s just silly. He will lose all support if he does such a thing. Except perhaps from North Korea (But then again, Putin does indeed do silly things)

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message