Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine

We have some special rules for this thread, in addition to the normal EuroGA Guidelines. The basic one is that EuroGA will not be a platform for pro Russian material. For that, there are many sites on the internet. No anti Western posts. Most of us live in the "West" and enjoy the democratic and material benefits. Non-complying posts will be deleted and, if the poster is a new arrival, he will be banned.

and then the Bear will be unleashed

I think we’ve learnt in the past year that the bear is nothing more than a disgruntled child wearing a bear costume!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

I think we’ve learnt in the past year that the bear is nothing more than a disgruntled child wearing a bear costume!

What an intelligent and informed response. Thank you…

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

It’s more probable than

when Mr Trump gets reelected in 2024

Alternative proposals??

That’s a funny video.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

esteban wrote:

f you want to know what is really going on, you need to widen your sources and apply critical analysis to ALL of them, including the pro-ukrainian ones.

The truth is always the first victim of war. That is very true.

And clearly, there is manipulation and lies on both sides. Every war is also a propaganda war. And it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, for us as normal people out there to actually see the truth behind it.

Only that there are some which nobody can deny, foremost that Russia HAS been the agressor in this war and still is. There is no excuse for an offensive war to claim territory of other nations. None. That goes for Russia as well as China and the US and everyone else alike.

So whatever the sources you want us to look at claim, unless they are clear about that, their credibility is compromised the moment they open their mouth.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

BeechBaby wrote:

The proxy war gets real. They need to do this now because Zelensky knows that when Mr Trump gets reelected in 2024 it is over for them.

Well, then we will know if Trump really can end this war in 2 hours as he claims. And how. By simply giving Putin what he wants? Trump’s claims have always been to be taken with a huge bucket of salt. And his “deals” have not been such that they actually improved things. Maybe you ask how people in Kabul like the deal he made with the Taliban.

But unfortunately you have a point: If indeed Trump gets re-elected, the US may very well stop their support for Ukraine and, in consequence, NATO. Which would have the consequence that Europe will have to face Putin alone.

BeechBaby wrote:

Unless of course American boots are on the ground and then the Bear will be unleashed.

The only thing the Bear can unleash at this time are nukes. But yes, that is a possibility, however, there won’t be any American boots on the ground. Neither under Biden nor under Trump. Apart from the quite possible fact, that American forces may well be bound by action in Southeast Asia pretty soon. And we all know, America is in no position to fight a two front war these days.

Personally I find it the great American Tragedy that the these two are the only contenders for one of the most powerful and influencial jobs in the world. With America divided and weakened like this, no wonder that the likes of Putin and his Chinese colleague are getting antsy.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

By simply giving Putin what he wants?

I really do not think that this is the case.

Look, Biden is a total clown, (supported) by the mobster Harris. Support, what support? The alternative? Mr Trump, or RFK for the democrats. America is wholly divided, and an ultra right wing, left wing, you choose, NATO ally cowers and does as it is told.Meanwhile Bashar is back with the Arab League. Remember that failed proxy?

And quite what Sunak, our unelected PM is doing floating about promising the earth to Ukraine, god only knows.

BJ hovering in the wings to save us all from this nonsense?

EGPF Glasgow

A picture paints a thousand words..

EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby wrote:

when Mr Trump gets reelected in 2024

Luckily this won’t happen but it will be interesting to see if a Republican sits again in White House what the policy on this war will be…

BeechBaby wrote:

an ultra right wing, left wing

There’s no such thing as left wing in USA – there are ultra right, far right and right. Even the existence of something centric is very questionable.

Last Edited by Emir at 20 May 10:19
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Absolutely no way will they get a squadron of F-16 in the air as an overfly defense. A pipedream.

Looks like Biden changed his mind

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65649471

Yes, posted above. Yesterday.

Won’t happen fast, for reasons I posted. But Ukraine will need to be properly armed in the long run because military containment of Russia is the only option.

The US will always support Ukraine because there is no other option.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message