Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Europe - why not issue a certificate immediately on passing the skills test / checkride, like the US does?

IO390 wrote:

Two weeks ago I received an email about my IR(R) application, saying that they needed a certified copy of my PPL, despite that same department issuing said licence 3 months ago. This is not requested in the application form.

Today, they kindly informed me about the next problem, which was to do with the scans in my logbook.

It’s like playing whack-a-mole, maybe in another 6 weeks we’ll have the problems sorted and the application can go into the “real” application pile for another 6 weeks.

Now you know what applying for a UK visa is like, except change 6 weeks to 6 months, and add thousands of pounds to each step. Although I suspect with the CAA it’s just incompetence, with visas it’s malice.

Perhaps we will soon need lawyers to help us prepare pilot license applications, like we do for preparing immigration forms!

Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

Now you know what applying for a UK visa is like, except change 6 weeks to 6 months, and add thousands of pounds to each step.

Right. So you send them application and they misspell your first name (Alexander written as Allexander). Takes 4 weeks to do it and then 6 weeks to correct. :)
Then when you ask for an extension, they give you the right letter, but wrong type of vignette in the passport. After that, for an ILR they give you the right stamp but don’t sign the letter (good thing it was in person and checked right there and then).
With CAA it was 2 iterations for a PPL, 1 iteration for a Night and 1 for IR(R). With address change it was my fault – CFI sent me the wrong scan of a certified licenses (it was not my license!), but I did not check it and just uploaded, so that 1 iteration is completely self-infilcted. :)
Not much confidence I’m afraid…

EGTR

Alexander written as Allexander

That’s a well known secret policy, to restrict entry to people with ELP 1.0+ If you can’t spell your name then you are below ELP 1.0.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
63 Posts
Sign in to add your message