Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Regulation EU2020/877 (all EU airports have Customs without PNR/PPR)

It‘s not about ports of entry, but about customs aerodromes.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Right, but the same basic problem.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

OK, so to get this straight. That list of customs airports are (can be) used for inter Schengen (and in/out of EU) flights when you have something to declare ? Is there another list for entry from non-Schengen country (immigration) ? With nothing to declare, and inter Schengen, there are no list.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

No, because you don’t need immigration when coming and out from a Schengen country.
From EU non Schengen you don’t need customs but you need to enter via the Port Of Entry airport list.
It seems if you are Schengen but not EU you need to enter via an International Airport which isn’t necessarily a POE.
You can of course exit from a non International Airport unless the country you.ate flying to thinks different.
IMHO the whole thing needs to be better thought out communicated through all levels of government from the EU through to the customs or border force officers.
At present different airports, customs and immigration departments and even governments are interpreting things in their own way. This is not being helped by some security and health measures which are still being carried out.
The UK -France-UK is reasonably straightforward as long as you enter and leave through a POE inside Schengen and accept that you probably will have to give PN
Swiss situation is supposed to be easier but seems to be more of a mess so better to ask or to PN a gendec to the local customs and go to one of the airports on the International list.
It might be that the same applies to Norway.
YMMV
IMHO pilots are asking questions which the C+I are being forced to try and find an answer to and then having to make one up based on a mixture of little bits of laws. Whilst at the same time having to err on the bureaucratic side.
For many of these flights particularly on France IMO C+I are not really interested especially if they informed what’s happening.
The problem for pilots is that this isn’t good enough because every now and again a frightening story of massive fines appears in the press or on forums.
I have lived in this area for a long time. La Roche sur Yon has always been International but I have never known it to have International Commercial passenger traffic.
In recent years, since 2 airparks have been located here it was said to be a POE with PN. For a long time this was unknown to local pilots who always used eg.Dinard to go to the UK.
It finally appeared on the VAC charts. But still very few locals know they can use it to enter and exit France to and from outside of EU and Schengen.
Sorry ranting again.

Last Edited by gallois at 01 Jun 07:14
France

Yeah – getting more and more like this.

Administrator

gallois wrote:

No, because you don’t need immigration when coming and out from a Schengen country.

No to what exactly?

OK, I will try again. What exactly is that list (that customs list) for? Who is it for? As I understand it can only be inter Schengen, but not inter EU (within the customs zone) ?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

It’s supposed to be a list of International airports which are not necessarily Ports of Entry.

France

I have been trying to find the EU legislation which was reported on Euroga allowing Schengen but non EU aircraft to travel to any airfield in Germany if the pilot and passengers have nothing to declare.
I have been trying to find if there is a new regulation for eg Swiss pilots crossing into France need to land at an international airport in France and/or whether or not they have to give PN.
I have clarification of the procedures and rules up to 2017, which seems to be the last EU regulations relating to customs and immigration that is being adhered to in France. And these seem to now be being put into practice at Annecy and LFBH re Schengen plus EU flights. But there are 72 of these entry ports in France plus an extra 2 between May and Sept so one hopes the non requirement for C+I and therefore the non necessity for PNs for such flights will trickle down quickly.
There are no passport check points on roads between Switzerland and France but there are 7 custom controls for drivers who need to declare something. I am trying.to find the legislation that gives similar benefits to GA. (As is reported on this forum for Swiss/German flights)
France would normally apply reciprocal agreements but in this case one has to enter and leave Switzerland via an airport with customs service and therefore there is no bi -lateral agreement so that isn’t helping towards a clarification.
There is an agreement at Geneva where French customs and immigration can carry out passport and customs checks. So from Geneva a Swiss pilot can fly to anywhere in France and therefore anywhere in.Schengen and anywhere in the EU with.no.prior notice of any kind.
I am pretty sure I read a post on euroga that gave the EU regulation number and I am hoping I can track down clarification from that direction.🙂

Oops perhaps I am in the wrong thread @Peter perhaps you could move this to the right one.

Last Edited by gallois at 13 Jun 11:49
France

@gallois

Done – hopefully correctly. The other thread is here.

Administrator

Thanks Peter.

France
Sign in to add your message