Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Regulation EU2020/877 (all EU airports have Customs without PNR/PPR)

anybody has more insights into article ? They are referrring to EU 2020/877 but this seems to me not too much relevant. According to this article it will be possible to fly to/from EU without using custom airports….looks a bit strange to me

Last Edited by Michal at 18 Nov 18:01
LKKU, LKTB

This is already in effect. If you do not have any goods to declare, you can depart/land anywhere (mind that you are within Schengen countries!).

Last Edited by Snoopy at 18 Nov 18:49
always learning
LO__, Austria

Is this the same thing which was announced in Germany, which nobody would believe, but which is actually based on a EU reg?

Immigration is not covered, so this is for shengen zone only, so the principal GA beneficiary is Switzerland, so this problem should not happen again.

But I think nobody can quite believe it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This has been discussed for Germany but actually applies to all Europe, customs officers are probably less aware

Going through “nothing to declare” line when you “have something to declare” is problematic about zero consequence in customs airports but may get ugly in non-customs airports….are goods (including means of transport) not in EU free circulation worth customs declarations?

Immigration is not covered but usually not an issue if one is “not subject to it” or “can arrange it”…

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Nov 19:04
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Inside the customs union goods are in free circulation. Switzerland is not in the customs union. The difference between France and Germany before this new tegulation is that your aircraft had always been seen as your means of transport in France (providing you are not importing it permanently) and treated as temporary. AIP general points this out very clearly.

France

Say “Your aircraft” = mean of transport and OK for temporary admission without declaration, how about rented aircraft? or my cousin TB20?

One German guy said that you can travel CH → DE in a car or a plane, but not on a bike. The bike would attract import duty and VAT.

The link I posted – assuming this is the same topic – has extra input.

Inside the customs union goods are in free circulation. Switzerland is not in the customs union. The difference between France and Germany before this new tegulation is that your aircraft had always been seen as your means of transport in France (providing you are not importing it permanently) and treated as temporary. AIP general points this out very clearly.

Of course, but that’s a different issue from which airports are border points acceptable to Germany (or to whichever country you are arriving at).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Snoopy wrote:

This is already in effect. If you do not have any goods to declare, you can depart/land anywhere (mind that you are within Schengen countries!).
How is gonna try this out? I would love to fly directly from Locarno to Domodossola or Sondrio for example. Would the Guardia di Finanza leave me alone? I doubt that local authorities have some knowledge about these specific rule changes. You might trigger a lot of hassle.
Last Edited by Frans at 18 Nov 20:22
Switzerland

What prevents someone who “has nothing to declare” (no goods are carried & aircraft in free circulation) from landing in non-customs airports?

In the past 10 years before this law has passed? and next 10 years after it has passed?

Ibra wrote:

What prevents someone who “has nothing to declare” (no goods are carried & aircraft in free circulation) from landing in non-customs airports?

What’s new is that you can now fly from a NON EU but SCHENGEN member to a IN EU but SCHENGEN MEMBER airfield without any customs or immigration on site.

always learning
LO__, Austria
284 Posts
Sign in to add your message