Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PC-12 down in Milan Linate

This is beginning and has the potential to look like a deliberate act. Quoted that the last communication from tower to pilot – Is your course alteration due weather?

A single response – No. -

Very sad event..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Is there an ATC transcript?

BeechBaby wrote:

This is beginning and has the potential to look like a deliberate act.

I certainly don’t get that sense from it. I rather get the sence of a pilot struggling for control. Whether that’s due to skills, medical issues, equipment or structural failure, I’ve no idea. But I don’t see anything at all to suggest a deliberate act.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Rwy20 wrote:

Not that I have seen. This comment lifted from another forum where the incident was being discussed. It also could be LOC, but this was a fairly beefed up PC12. New seven blade prop, the IFR rated pilot, and from approximately 5350 dives in. From ADSB there does not appear to be any stall nor spin indication. No bits have been found, as yet, any distance from the crash site. Also it all looked pretty stable up to the dive. I have to assume that a quick revert to auto would save the day if he lost spacial awareness.

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 06 Oct 12:21
EGPF Glasgow

Yet the PC12 is a relatively docile plane, capable of 500m grass runways, often seen here at the Scilly Isles, parked up on the sloping grass

I guess that is with the engine on low power, with +1400hp in front on high departure pitch, I am not sure about the required level of pilot attention? and flying tolerances for speed & bank & pitch values?

It’s like any aircraft one has to wonder how much room they have if “they get distracted and let it fly by itself”? say pilot forgot to engage AP and went to do some talk, or put wrong pitch & bank inputs in IMC, or hit bump and pitched/banked 25deg/25deg without noticing, or flying out of trim

Are we talking 1s, 5s, 10s, 30s?

It could be a case for loss of control from distraction and lack of sterile cockpit, confusion in IMC while hand flying, or after AP disconnected out of trim? but it’s a stark reminder how quickly things can go t*** up…

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Oct 12:27
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

but it’s a stark reminder how quickly things can go t*** up…

Astonishingly quick. I would hazard that there will be nothing wrong with the plane.

EGPF Glasgow

Rwy20 wrote:

No. As far as I know this “information” comes from a Milano Paper who also had the video shot from a dashcam, which largely disproves the “fire in the air” statements. We have no way of knowing whether these quotes have any substance.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

No one ever told about a possible hijack that turned wrong. It was a very wealthy man…

LFMD, France

greg_mp wrote:

It was a very wealthy man…

We live in a very strange and surreal global environment. We probably always have, it’s just we hear about it, instantly.

Who would ever think about pilots deliberately flying, hijacking, their own aircraft, to kill all onboard, and yet……

It is incredibly painful when we attempt to discuss situations that are far off the norm. Romanian Billionaire conjours up all sorts of scenarios. So, apparently another perfectly good aeroplane crashes in and we are left to ponder why?

EGPF Glasgow

This is a very rapid loss of altitude leading to the very high inertia crash.

As a current pilot on the PC12 I cannot really explain how this could happen in such a short period of time.
The plane is very stable in both pitch and roll especially with the Y/D switched on, barring a catastrophic wing separating in-flight it’s currently a mystery for me ..

Very sad and condolences to the families of the deceased, I do hope the accident investigators are able to
find a cause for this accident

Ozzieflyer
Denham
Sign in to add your message