Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PC-12 down in Milan Linate

I like that video of F33C, I saw D-ENIR displaying this year at LaFerteAlais late August, it’s poetry (it has full IFR equipment inside, I will ask for a ride under the hood one day )

Vref wrote:

Well OK that’s true but what kind of real flying UPRT would get you close…

I guess once one has IR/UPRT training basics they are left with getting comfortable with their specific aircraft, take it in plain VMC with lot of spare height, slow it, pitch up/down, bank left/right with/without power, with/without gear, 360deg orbits and make your own mind, if you wanna proceed to the same test in real or simulated IMC…you should be able to judge what is possible and what is not, there is the bias that you know how you got there but you get an appreciation of how fast things can go bad, especially with full power & gear up

Under normal IFR you are flying +8deg/-3deg pitch and +/-25 deg bank all the time and most likely on AutoPilot (which is a good & healthy for LOS/LOC prevention but useless for recoveries) beyond these values you are in the realm of hand flying what to expect when it goes LOC

I once tried auto-pilot ON during steep unusual attitudes with Century AP in the Archer, the results were not very good, you have to take the matter quickly in your own hand, I am sure it will manage it but I did not have the patience maybe Garmin LVL does these thing better?

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Oct 12:08
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Hello,
What is the latest news on this accident ? was a report or analysis published ?

Cessna Silver Eagle C10T owner / pilot
LFPN, France

Accident reports can take years to come out. I think sometimes it is because lawyers are involved, and accident investigators are wary of lawyers.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
113 Posts
Sign in to add your message