Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tornado in Essex damages 40 aircraft.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

It’s just puzzling and sad…

Last Edited by Ibra at 30 Sep 22:51
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I am sorry for pilotrobbie and all pilots based in Stapleford and those who had just landed there from elsewhere (very bad luck).
That’s where insurance pays off.

LFOU, France

With the way the prices for substitute aircraft went in the last 5 years, I would guess that most of them were/are highly underinsured…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

We sold the PA32 in the photo earlier this year. It was seriously good value given all we had spent on it. I hope it was insured for its true replacement cost.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Seems most aircraft that got the hit were sitting here along with the Police/Excel helicopters,
Two friends reported minor damage on theirs but those parked north got away with it,

Surprising it got some low-wing types. Normally mostly the high-wing ones get moved around.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Landed back from Kemble the day after. Very sad sight indeed, and it’s just a shame that after the last few years of lack of flying for some. This happens…

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Some people may well take their insurance payout and take the money and run. Good excuse as any to hang up flying.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Good excuse as any to hang up flying

I know one who was giving up on flying and looking to sell, he had surgery 4 years ago, then his SEP runs out and have not flown during 3 years and no coming back with CV19 and he had zero confidence in aircraft (6h in last 2 years), he was tempted to get back to it late in July and asked to get some dual time before asking the school to wrap a skill-test but I think the dice is casted now…

Last Edited by Ibra at 02 Oct 08:49
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message