Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PA46 Mirage for sale

Peter, hopefully I am allowed to post this?

As a result of purchasing a new aircraft I will be listing my PA46 Malibu Mirage for sale in a week or so. If anyone on this forum is interested this is a chance to get ahead of the process. As a result of Covid good quality, pressurised travelling machines are in short supply. There are some 4 Mirage’s for sale globally, down from nearly 30 a couple of years ago.

I have owned this aircraft since 2013 when I bought her from a fellow Aussie on this forum who imported her from the US and who did a fantastic job on avionics and other upgrades.

Fly in pressurised comfort up to FL250. Cruise at 190 kts burning only 15 gph. IFR range over 1,000 NM. For just over half the price of a new SR22.

Key specs:
N394SE
2006. 1675 hours TT, and 450 since major overhaul of engine.
Avidyne Entegra avionics suite with excellent DFC 90 autopilot.
Dual GTN 650 navigators. Onboard AND satellite downlink weather radar.
DME, ADF and radar altimeter.
In excellent condition and with many major systems recently replaced – engine mount, pressurisation controller, wing pumps, hydraulic power pack etc.

Asking USD 675,000. Import VAT free for UK based buyer.

If anyone is seriously interested please contact me on [email protected] and I will introduce you to the broker who will be handling the sale.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Marketplace

Not free but very very cheap and prevents the forum getting flooded with for-sale ads, like we used to get. And it supports EuroGA

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What a nice mashine, best of luck with the sale (…and the new aircraft/upgrade?)!

Last Edited by AndersB at 22 Sep 09:43
ESOW, Sweden

Good luck with the sale! Unfortunately this shows the difficulties of Brexit. If I am not mistaken this is private VAT paid plane which would have been an option for all private buyers in the EU. Now effectively it is only a good option for private buyers in the UK, everybody else would loose a huge part of the planes value which is the paid VAT status.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

Now effectively it is only a good option for private buyers in the UK, everybody else would loose a huge part of the planes value which is the paid VAT status.

Would be careful with these statements: It the Mirage has been imported in 2013 into the UK it has been imported for free circulation into the EU in the first place. With a good tax lawyer who did the right things during Brexit she still is and therefore could be also import VAT free for EU buyers – could be!

What is in any case true: If a EU buyer buys a plane from the UK (and I guess also the other way round) one needs to factor in some money to pay a good tax lawyer…

btw – despite the VAT question:
Without any reasonable doubt this is the second best plane one can buy – just bit short of the Conti-Malibu ;-)

Last Edited by Malibuflyer at 22 Sep 12:13
Germany

Malibuflyer wrote:

Without any reasonable doubt this is the second best plane one can buy – just bit short of the Conti-Malibu ;-)

…unless you want to carry four real adults and their luggage while flying that far, or fly onto grass regularly, or your pax and your luggage to remain dry/cool under weather while waiting for the pilot to complete his/her leaving/preboarding chores or the handler to pick you up, or….in which case that would be a P210 (oh no, here we go again!)

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

or your pax and your luggage to remain dry/cool under weather while waiting for the pilot to complete his/her leaving/preboarding chores or the handler to pick you up,

The “best” argument for flying upside-down planes I’ve ever heard ;-)

But let’s not go there in this thread – let’s just agree that both Malibu and P210 are very capable planes and the P210 for many missions is almost as good ;-)

Germany
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message