Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New iPad Mini 6 announced

I use the EZ-roller that’s made for the Mini 4 & 5. Took it to the Apple store and slid a Mini6 into it. As the 6 is a touch shorter than the 5, the top roller has some play, but I don’t think that’s a big issue. Of course haven’t tried it in the airplane. My guess is that it’s fine if positioned vertically, perhaps not so much if mounted horizontally.

It is EXACTLY that 😅

EBST, Belgium

A bit like trying to get into a pair of jeans which is one size to small – kind of fits but not comfortable and some pressure….

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

The iPad mini 3 EZ cradle handles the mini 6 ok. But it is not a perfect fit and it does put some pressure on the underside.

EBST, Belgium

I also tried the Mini 6 in an X-Naut mount for the 5 but the Mini fell out the first time I used it

Nope – I used the EZ-Rollr for the Mini 5. It almost fits but the roller does not sit as it should and is under stress and I am not sure it would stand up to any turbulence

RAM has many cradles, I guess he used the X-shaped one.

ESME, ESMS

172driver wrote:

FWIW, I went down to one of my local Apple stores and tried the Mini 6 with my RAM cradle – as I somewhat suspected, it does, in fact, fit.

I’m a bit confused… the previous posts suggested that it wouldn’t fit…

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

FWIW, I went down to one of my local Apple stores and tried the Mini 6 with my RAM cradle – as I somewhat suspected, it does, in fact, fit.

I had the iPad mini 2 running ForeFlight and indeed support has dropped and some functionalities are missing and it was a bit slow for flight maps, and really slow for the preparation with FF. I don’t remember which feature was missing… then switch to the Air4 for flight preparation and in plane tablet for maps, checklist etc, and everything is running nice although it’s a bit big in a PA28.

LFMD, France
63 Posts
Sign in to add your message