Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bitcoin and crypto currencies

Yeah, done. I agree, ChatGPT, and it slipped through.

I remove 30-50% of signups for various reasons, anyway. It’s a bit of a job, since the genuine ones need to be approved fairly quickly otherwise they never come back.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

alfonzokistler wrote:

Since the thread is old, likely, the information about the recovery of the Bitcoin ransom from the Colonial Pipeline attack is already known. Remember, trading involves risks, so it’s essential to stay informed, conduct thorough research, and make educated decisions. If you’re new to trading, it can be helpful to seek guidance from reliable sources or consider working with a trusted broker.

This looks like ChatGTP generated generic BS recommendation

@Peter I would definitely ban such users – one post, non-flying related, trying to advertise something.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Since the thread is old, likely, the information about the recovery of the Bitcoin ransom from the Colonial Pipeline attack is already known. Remember, trading involves risks, so it’s essential to stay informed, conduct thorough research, and make educated decisions. If you’re new to trading, it can be helpful to seek guidance from reliable sources or consider working with a trusted broker.

[ edited to remove advert ]

United States

You will get fusion before you will get exclusive IPV6

At least I hope so, because the product I am just finishing doesn’t do IPV6 (for reasonable reasons actually – another story)

Given the relatively poor understanding of the cryptocurrency topic, perhaps these people found some hack?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

If somebody can build one that actually does something useful

Delphic poll question, which will become widespread reality first out of:

• Nuclear fusion based power generation
  • Quantum computing
  • Single-stack IPv6 deployment

I’m in my late 60s and I don’t expect to live to see any of them.

LFMD, France

Peter wrote:

and … nobody knows how cryptocurrencies work

I always figured that was a design feature

EBGB EBKT, Belgium

If somebody can build one that actually does something useful, indeed

Most of the press coverage is BS.

Administrator

For example if anyone found a way to break RSA (e.g. a fast way to factorise large numbers) they would be assassinated immediately

Not looking good for quantum computing researchers then.

LFMD, France

What I wondered is whether these people may have found some way to undermine this scheme.

For example if anyone found a way to break RSA (e.g. a fast way to factorise large numbers) they would be assassinated immediately

Administrator

Peter wrote:

My comment was re my Q above

Well there are four parts of the headline that are relevant:
Russian
Tycoon
Helicopter
Crypto currency.

I suspect the first three might be of more relevance than the last!

Helicopter are dangerous, especially in the hands of someone with more confidence than ability.
There are a lot of Russians dying of unexplained accidents recently.
How did the tycoon become a tycoon? Lots of Russian Tycoons seem to have gotten their wealth in unusual circumstances. He might have made a lot enemies along the way.

Nothing particularly dangerous (other than financial risks) about cypro currencies. Unless someone thought he was stealing theirs!

EIWT Weston, Ireland
226 Posts
Sign in to add your message