Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New UK airfield... first in 30 years... just for GA

172driver wrote:

Can you comment on the planning proposal if you don’t live in the UK?

Yes you can.
As potential visitors to the airfield and thus tourist to the local area you help establish the economic case.
It is hoped visitors, be they UK or overseas, will stop over. By staying at the airfield, or local B&Bs and Hotels, and frequenting eateries and restaurants they will make a positive contribution to the local economy.

United Kingdom

Does it not make sense to change the runway heading 15 degrees to the right to increase effective runway length (ie eliminating close obstacles to the southwest) ?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Ibra wrote:

All the best, we need a runway in that corner !

Thanks Ibra, there are so few airfields left, this is why we need as much support as possible from the aviation community.

United Kingdom

This is a very helpful document, I have brought it to the attention of the planners in my feedback supporting the application

it appears to be Government policy to support GA

UK Government GA Roadmap

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Reminds me of a Wonderfull summer I spent in Broadstairs when I was much younger…

Germany

Submitted my little piece in support.
Also hoping to have a word with the local MP, Natalie Elphicke, whom I know personally.
She is very pro-active on ‘local’ issues, often with great effect.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

onfinal wrote:

Yes you can.

Done. Best of luck !!

You might have a bit of work to do. This reply (https://www.chocksgoaway.com/forum/say-no-to-mongeham-airfield/response-from-the-office-of-natalie-elphicke) from her office is not really supportive.

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

One supporting comment, making points relevant to Planning law, is worth more than 100 objections which make no reference to Planning law.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is this the first UK airfield for GA in 30 years?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message