Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Importing D reg into the UK, post Brexit

Someone I know always posts everything on the internet. You need to be more specific here.

Last Edited by mh at 19 Feb 21:18
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Indeed people do post a lot of things on the internet but some people may much more readily recognise writing by some people than writing by some other people

The point which I am sort of trying to make, and of course you will understand completely, is that these things are more complicated than can be disposed of with brief posts. And some mods done in FAA-land may be a lot harder to put on EASA, or G-reg, than some others. For example, the statement

337 Are accepted (except for critical alterations)

could be quite a big one, especially as a 337 is a Major Alteration process. A 337 by itself tell you nothing, apart from that somebody filed a 337 to Oklahoma for filing. Attached to that 337 could be any of a multitude of things, from absolute trivia (which some A&P filed as a Major Alt because he was too illiterate to read the guidance, and/or wanted his ar*se covered, and the client was paying by the hour) to large mods involving a DER 8110 design package.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Other changes are a lot harder and more expensive to perform under FAA than EASA.

337 alterations are accepted except on critical componentes.

Other than that I still do not know who you’re referring to. During debates with Brexiteers, MAGAs or Covid-Conspiracists, I learned not to accept implications. Especially not from biased participants.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message