Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Round hangar soon available at EDTG in Germany

If anyone is interested, I willleave my spot in a round hangar with electrically rotating floor at EDTG Germany as of March 1st.

Switzerland

Out of curiosity, how much is such place monthly?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

for 1360kg and 11m wingspan I was paying 330eur + tax.
it is very modern though. There is a seperate heated lounge, security cameras in every hangar etc.

Switzerland

I guess a lot of people are leaving their hangars at EDTG these days, due to the ongoing extortion on the landing fees…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

yeah it is a shame. the landing fees doubled up especially for those older birds with bigger lycomings for which there is no STC to get an exhaust that fit “erhöhte lärmschutz” criteria. Otherwise the landing fees for all other smaller lycomings and rotax stuff did not increase.

Over the past 5 years EDTG slowly degraded into being one of the most GA unfriendly (possibly even most aviation unfriendly) airport in the region. It is really sad.
Honestly I am out of there anyway as of 1st of March with or without someone taking my place. On the other hand, there are simply no other hangarage options anyway in the Breisgau region. I posted here just in case if anyone wants to still consider.

Switzerland

By9468840 wrote:

Over the past 5 years EDTG slowly degraded into being one of the most GA unfriendly (possibly even most aviation unfriendly) airport in the region.

With no instrument approach and 1650 m runway it can only serve GA. What’s their idea, what would they like to do?

Last Edited by Emir at 25 Jan 14:48
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Where are you moving your Comanche to?

Don’t know if they have hangarage, but ifI were in Breisgau or thereabouts, I would go to Mulhouse any day. Gets rid of Flugleiter, opening times, Lärmschutzverordnung. Just fly whenever you want, without being bugged by anyone. No?

Difficult to do in these times, though…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

they lately doubled the prices to invest in runway lighting, gps approach and new fuel station. I don’t know though by when.
The worst though was the airfield was closed ( and it still is) for a total of 5 months over the last 10 months period. The management has been extremely harsh on reacting to covid measures and it has been impossible to work with them to find a solution.

Switzerland

boscomantico wrote:

but ifI were in Breisgau or thereabouts, I would go to Mulhouse any day.

Depends on where you live actually – if you live north of Bremgarten, that significantly increases your drive to the airfield. From Freiburg, e.g. it then gets a 1hr+ drive instead of 30 mins.

Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Where are you moving your Comanche to?

I am moving to LSZR St. Gallen Altenrhein. It is significantly more expensive but you get a lot more with much wider operating ours, instrument approachs, night flight etc.
It is not a question of where would you go. It is rather where can you find a place. I am almost certain there is next to nothing available in the region at the moment. I mean you could still get a shabby spot in a wooden hangar at Offenburg but I am not not putting my Comanche in there :)

Switzerland
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message