Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A fun personality quiz for pilots

There’s an online quiz called the Political Compass, which says the left/right divide is insufficient and adds a second axis for authoritarian/libertarian. Communism and Fascism are both on the authoritarian side, opposite Anarchism and Neoliberalism.

It might make more sense with a graphic: this is me, centre right libertarian, but basically in the boring middle. Judge all you like

The website also has graphs with all the candidates for various elections around the world going back to 20l4. Most of the West is up in the top right.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

That was quite good fun

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Some slightly unclear questions but an interesting excercise.

Last Edited by Fuji_Abound at 05 Nov 21:22

The questions bias the result, as if written by a left wing college professor (no surprise) but in my case the result is probably somewhere near.

as if written by a left wing college professor

@Silvaire unwittingly we are all becoming students of Gramsci :)

@Peter I take it as a badge of honour that sociology placed us in the same spot :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Looking at the caricatures up there, it puts me somewhere near Merkel… who would have thought.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

This places myself much further left than I would place myself on the “left-right axis” of the German political spectrum, where I see myself firmly in the centre. Then again, it is easily explained if this was made in the US, which has a political spectrum that is heavily skewed to the right (from our continental vantage point).

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

The Political Compass Site is apparently the product of people in the UK or New Zealand.

I’m not unhappy about being situated in the general vicinity of Milton Friedman and Friedrich Hayek… but might prefer being a little closer to the former than the latter

Last Edited by Silvaire at 05 Nov 23:47

What I find most interesting is that my perception of peoples’ attitudes on the libertarian-authoritarian was directionally correct, but they are less pronounced than what I thought they would be.

For example – and this is not a dig at anyone – I thought @Mooney_Driver, who frequently calls for rules and prohibitions, would be much more authoritarian than the test indicates, and that @Silvaire, who frequently writes that people should be left to decide for themselves, would be much more libertarian.

I think this is a great example how the internet can exaggerate attitudes and/or perception thereof, while in reality people are a lot more moderate than they come across… I wonder what people think about me?

Last Edited by Cobalt at 05 Nov 23:38
Biggin Hill

This quite funny. Here ya go:

Last Edited by 172driver at 06 Nov 03:13
70 Posts
Sign in to add your message