Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Effect of Corona / Covid-19 on EuroGA forum

It is more regular from 2021 onwards, though, with a lower “DC bias” compared to the bit of pre-COVID stuff we can see. Christmas/New Year is clearly visible at the end of 21 and 22 though.

Have you tried putting each year’s stats through a fourier transform yet? :-)

Andreas IOM

A year later, the change looks permanent. The strongly week-based cycle is hard to discern

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Rest assured that I’ll still be posting from my office, have never stopped posting from my office, and don’t plan on stopping posting from my office until I retire in a number of years. I don’t work in my house, it’s a sanctuary from work and one that I pay to maintain. My office is paid for by others, and that’s a benefit of the job.

Work in my office makes money. Work at my home costs money and is as directed by my wife. Work at my hangar costs a bit beyond that and is as directed by me. The divisions are quite clear

However while I’m sure my posts must go through some kind of a weekly cycle, not sure if that would mean more or less posts on the weekend, my office is not anywhere near a European time zone so forget matching any kind of daily cycle

Last Edited by Silvaire at 28 Mar 04:35

office job is done for good

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I don’t think those who read EuroGA are ever going to get back to the office

Administrator

I reckon there has been a permanent change in general activity, but what? It still looks like many are working at home

The above is 31 Jan 2020, up to today.

Administrator

The improvement continues, according to the undisputable economic barometer here

The weekday/weekend difference remains small, however.

Administrator

The weekly cyclic activity is sort of returning, but clearly much less pronounced

Administrator

It seems to be up slightly on recent months. I am pleased, looking at how few people are doing any flying at all…

We are still not really seeing the usual weekday/weekend pattern which was so constant for the previous ~8 years.

Administrator

In August (when Covid-19 numbers were low), the periodicity seems to have returned for a short time, then it disappeared again.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message