Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Silvaire wrote:

Meanwhile the Americans

I think this is kind of cute

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Yep, State issues all those advisories and everybody in the US ignores them except for government employees – who are (naturally ) forced to limit their business travel (work) as a result. They live in an unreal world of their own but I think this one is somehow a tit for tat related to Norway’s block on travel (directly) from the US.

The lack of realism is not unlike the EU Government recently recommending that EU countries block travel from the the US, the subsequent press coverage and general hysteria, followed by…. nothing tangible, because in the real world tourism money talks loudly in most of those countries.

Hopefully enough people will stubbornly defy all this nonsense to eventually put the population control and uncivil bureaucratic party games back in their boxes.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 30 Sep 18:21

Silvaire wrote:

Another move forward announced for Swiss tourism

The information is wrong.

Visitors who have EMA approved vaccinations (which are most currently used vaccines including Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Johnson and Johnson e.t.c) will be able to get a certificate on producing proof of vaccination. Only those who are vaccinated with a non EMA approved vaccine (such as some chinese ones and Sputnik most prominently) or who are not vaccinated will need 3-day testing and will then get a certificate based on that.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 30 Sep 20:21
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The information is wrong.

Indeed. All WHO vaccination certificates are recognised until mid-October, by which point travelers will be able to apply online for a Swiss certificate even prior to travelling (including persons vaccinated with Sinopharm and Coronavac).

T28
Switzerland

Can anybody provide a link with definitive Swiss government furnished data that contradicts the published information in my post above? Linked here again It might be useful to at least two small groups who will pretty shortly be inbound to Andermatt. Of particular interest would be the “mid-October” date versus September 13th, as stated in the article.

What a CF.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 30 Sep 21:07

Thanks, its certainly a maze but might be useful for somebody who finds themselves inbound to CH after October 10th but before this insanity (hopefully) comes to an end. Both of the groups will be long gone from CH by October 10th – which the website states is when e.g. restaurant access will be shut down for non-European residents who can’t or won’t jump through those local government application hoops.

I doubt our long term lodging contact (and restaurateur) in the area will under any foreseeable circumstance be asking to see vaccination certs, but just as I recently obtained local EU certification as a backup and never used it or any CV-19 cert., it is useful anyway for people to obtain the facts to manage their travel risks.

Florida’s upcoming international tourism season is looking brighter every day, except for skiers Maybe Utah for them this winter.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 01 Oct 00:19

We’re brits and we’ve just returned from Switzerland and I can report that getting the Swiss covid pass from a UK vaccination certificate was straight forward if you are fully vaxed. Just download the swiss covid certificate app, follow the link to the cantonal websites on the page linked in post 1126 above and select the canton where you will be staying. Fill in the form, upload the UK cert and a code that you get from the app. In our case (Canton of Valais) it took about a day and a half before the app announced that it had a swiss certificate. You can do this before you travel, provided you have your Swiss address, as the certificate is valid for 12 months from the last vaccination date.

When trying to use the UK certificate to enter restaurants in Switzerland, we encountered inconsistent results. When they scan the UK QR code, they get a message that says the code cannot be verified. Some would then shrug their shoulders and invite you in but others would simply refuse or direct you to an outside seating area if they have one. Showing them a printout of the linked page in the local language didn’t always help, which is why we got the swiss certificate. With that, it was straight forward.

Edit: I should have mentioned that you need to show your passport when you use the Swiss Covid certificate in the app.

Last Edited by Raiz at 01 Oct 04:45
Top Farm, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

Raiz wrote:

I should have mentioned that you need to show your passport when you use the Swiss Covid certificate in the app.

Passport or ID if you have one.

Thank you for pointing out the proceedure using the Swiss Covid Certificate app, I was not aware of it.

We had guests here who had Brasilian certificates. They went to a local vaccination center and got their Swiss certificate printed within 10 minutes.

I also understand that the Swiss Covid Certificate App is used by quite a lot of EU citizens even at home as it universally knows and imports just about any EU certificate in existance. Not every country has an own app, so it appears the Swiss one is the one which works everywhere. The same goes for the Certificate verification app which is different and used to verify EU certificates in restaurants and elsewhere. I’ve seen it used in Sofia Airport in summer.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
T28
Switzerland
Sign in to add your message