Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Well done Cobalt – glad you are done!

For a change the vaccine roll out is proving a tremedous success and should receive every acolade. Sometimes we are too slow celebrating this type of achievement, especially when it really has been orgnised extremelly well.

Very well organised. Both of us done. Barely knew it went in.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well done, another good one done!

I am now looking for a big magnet to neutralise the nanoparticles… wondering if 400kV power lines would do it, but they carry only a few hundred amps.

Administrator

and of course all the side effects. I suggest taking it very slowly today.

I never thought I’d see you wearing a lipstick pink top

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Excellent news!

I think they (at least the GP part of it) are also very flexible. I now realise my own booking was a last-minute fill-in. My text asked me to call my GP surgery, who had local slots starting in 20 minutes. (It was snowing that day).

White Waltham EGLM, United Kingdom

Doing the 50s in my area now.

I must say the NHS web site is super good as well, other than it has the wrong age. You can book your first and second at the same time, and go back and cancel any one, and rebook as well as deicde where you would like to go. It all works very well it seems.

Last Edited by Fuji_Abound at 25 Feb 14:19

I never thought I’d see you wearing a lipstick pink top

Proximity to Brighton has an effect eventually

My text asked me to call my GP surgery, who had local slots starting in 20 minutes

They are pretty relaxed about it. It is obvious that anybody who can wangle the printed authorisation to turn up (show it to the person at the front door) can get the vacc.

A very well organised, non-nonsense operation. They are doing 1k/day and could IMHO do 10k, but clearly they are supply limited, bearing in mind that in 3months’ time they will need to be doing 2x as many, so they must be reserving the stuff for the 2nd dose.

A tragedy for the mainland, hearing the news today, with so many people refusing the AZ vaccine after their politicians told them it is rubbish. Thousands of lives will be lost due to that – all done to cover up the past, and UVDL’s cockup. It would be a scandal if it happened here; the media would be after their balls (or equivalent in this case).

2nd dose date already booked too. No “certificate”; just a little paper card. Greek trip booked for June but airline tickets only.

Administrator

I think the politicians who were smearing the AZ vaccine (e.g. Macron) might suffer some blowback over this, especially if the UK has a reasonably normal summer while France is still struggling with lockdowns.

Andreas IOM
Sign in to add your message