Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

That thought had occurred to me, and obviously that understanding has had some role in making my motorcycle riding injury free over maybe 400 or 500,000 miles worldwide since 1974. But you can’t (and I surely wouldn’t want to) live in a risk free world. Individual risk and managing it well is the single biggest factor in providing an interesting, enjoyable and productive life. Take that away and I’d rather be dead now, versus in a few decades or whenever it will occur anyway.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 24 Oct 16:31

Silvaire wrote:

I did almost kill myself twice in one day in Croatia once, riding from Dubrovnik to Portoroz. The key word is ‘almost’ and I’ve never so far crossed the line.

Obviously you didn’t cross the line because you’re able to post this. I would be very surprised if dead people posted on EuroGA.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks Captain Obvious, the world needs more careful readers

Last Edited by Silvaire at 24 Oct 16:14

Thanks Captain Obvious, the world needs more careful readers

Now I don’t know if I’m Captain Obvious or Airborne_Again…

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Now I don’t know if I’m Captain Obvious or Airborne_Again…

The timestamps help figuring that out.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

UK numbers are heading back down again, quite fast, and people seem to be taking the 3rd vacc seriously. Well the “90%” are taking it seriously; presumably not the 10% hard-code

I doubt anybody understands the way this thing behaves… and if they do they aren’t saying so openly. There is also a realisation that attacking the 10% directly is counter-productive, even though nobody knows what else can be done (short of making vacc mandatory which would be a very non British way of doing it).

It looks like it is doing the same thing everywhere

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It looks like it is doing the same thing everywhere

Well the UK looks like its turning… but as yet you cant say that for anywhere else.
Of course infections really dont matter if your population is vaxxed and not getting hospitalized.
And the number of infections reported will depend upon your test rate.

Is the number of positive cases so important now? As some have written you are going to get more positives the more tests you do. IMO it is the number of deaths and the numbers in hospital because of Covid in particular those in ICU that is of most significance. This is especially so, now with the percentage of the population fully vaccinated if it is high. When figures show that more than 80% of those in hospital with Covid are unvaccinated you have to sit up and take notice, surely.

France

Is the number of positive cases so important now? As some have written you are going to get more positives the more tests you do. IMO it is the number of deaths and the numbers in hospital because of Covid in particular those in ICU that is of most significance. This is especially so, now with the percentage of the population fully vaccinated if it is high. When figures show that more than 80% of those in hospital with Covid are unvaccinated you have to sit up and take notice, surely.

If you live in the country littered by stupid people with low vaccination percentage than positive cases are in correlation with severe ICU cases and deaths.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Checking up on whether I can go skiing this winter, one finds interesting results:

I wonder why this is, when France seems to be going pretty tight on unvacced people otherwise. It is evident that a lot of French resorts are ~99% French customers so maybe the reasoning is that with so few foreigners it is no different from home?

Whereas Italy is being a whole lot more careful

Source

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message