Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

I live in an University town so I think we’re as likely to get it here, as anywhere else. In the hills it’s a different matter. I suspect that people will be on the lookout for people returning from China with fevers, so would wager that it will be someone unexpected who brings it in.

Thanks for the video about the ship. That explained a lot.

Last Edited by kwlf at 18 Feb 18:54

kwlf wrote:

so would wager that it will be someone unexpected who brings it in.

Yep, like the Brit who contracted it at a trade show in Singapore, then flew to France and on to the UK – all the while without any symptoms, but infecting a string of people along the way.

There is some strange advice. I know someone who had direct contact in the UK with one of the known cases, albeit realtively brief and perhaps never more than a number of feet away, was told by the NHS that if he didnt have the symtoms after a week there was no concern, and in any event they didnt want to do any tests. He was told if he did develop any symptoms to self isolate. I know the person very well and totally trust what he had to say, although it is contradictory to other advice I have read and heard.

I agree with Peter about the possible progression of this event
today 6 more cases in Japan, so there the horse has left the stable and just like the cruise ship, the virus continues to make its presence
I believe Cambodia made a mistake in allowing the German named cruise ship to dock there since the virus was present in the ship and those possible carriers were dispersed all over the world.
I hate to make predictions but I already got out of the market but dont understand why the stock market continues to rally. I hope I am wrong but I already cancelled my European medical trip to Warsaw and making contingency plans, small town in the desert, I can reach there in 2 hrs in my Evo and have enough dry food and a well for water supply to bunker down if things deteriorate. Population of town 15,000 and we live in a cul de sac no traffic around.
A Chinese director of one the hospitals in Wuhan died today from the disease so it does not spare those like me in the medical field, I would be afraid to have to go to the hospital to work and perhaps is a blessing that I am retired now with no obligation to go anywhere except to reach my plane.

KHQZ, United States

I just bought two transatlantic round trip airline tickets for half their normal price, so if you’re not too concerned it’s a good time to plan travel.

I got cheap ticket for the summer as well (including China in Aug), no one will catch flu in the summer !

Luckily, hots days bring bacterial infections not viral ones

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

magyarflyer wrote:

I agree with Peter about the possible progression of this event
today 6 more cases in Japan, so there the horse has left the stable and just like the cruise ship, the virus continues to make its presence
I believe Cambodia made a mistake in allowing the German named cruise ship to dock there since the virus was present in the ship and those possible carriers were dispersed all over the world.
I hate to make predictions but I already got out of the market but dont understand why the stock market continues to rally. I hope I am wrong but I already cancelled my European medical trip to Warsaw and making contingency plans, small town in the desert, I can reach there in 2 hrs in my Evo and have enough dry food and a well for water supply to bunker down if things deteriorate. Population of town 15,000 and we live in a cul de sac no traffic around.
A Chinese director of one the hospitals in Wuhan died today from the disease so it does not spare those like me in the medical field, I would be afraid to have to go to the hospital to work and perhaps is a blessing that I am retired now with no obligation to go anywhere except to reach my plane.

Are you serious?

No but just in case…

KHQZ, United States

To Fuji

Latest news being in deserted as of today no one in the streets one of the worlds largest cities empty
South Korea beginning to shut down american base there closed
Hmmmm….

KHQZ, United States

Sorry Beijing

KHQZ, United States
Sign in to add your message