Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Peter wrote:

One girl from a temp agency here (Brighton) tried to authorise a credit card by stuffing it into a fax machine.

At least it wasn’t a shredder, which in some cases have a slot exactly for cards…

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

UK situation:

What else needs to be said?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

What else needs to be said?

Perhaps this..

Well it turns out that someone else had made exactly the same data discrepancy connection and took a deep dive into the available raw data.

And, surprise surprise, it seems like the answer to the discrepancy might be that our old friend the definition of “Vaccinated” has reared its ugly head again. It comes back to Prof Fenton’s work on earlier data showing that basically anyone who was not “Double vaccinated + 14 or 21 Days” was dumped into the “unvaccinated” group.

And it seems that this same “Lying with statistics” approach has been used again here by an Establishment increasingly desperate to keep up the FEAR!!!! despite the failure ( for them) of their latest OmiCON game.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Surprising.

Situation in Czech hospitals is different. Today in the hospitals there are the following numbers (this situation is long term consistent):

• 1403 unvaccinated, first time infection (322 out of them at the intensive care)
  • 782 vaccinated, first time infection (125 out of them at the intensive care)
  • 21 unvaccinated, previously recovered from infection (3 out of them at the intensive care)
  • 23 vaccinated, previously recovered from infection (2 out of them at the intensive care)

Source – UZIS (Institute of Health Information and Statistics of the Czech Republic)

a) I really wonder where such a UK – CZ difference comes from

b) it confirms that best vaccination is the natural one

the definition of “Vaccinated”

It is split up in the diagram:

I really wonder where such a UK – CZ difference comes from

That’s one of the many currently unsolved mysteries about CV19. I think small differences in populations make a big difference to “outcomes”.

As one probable factor, and not a “small difference”: I come from CZ and while I haven’t lived there since 1969, the dramatic difference between the general population health of the two countries it is blindingly obvious the moment you step off the plane. Half the Brits are 2x the size of most Czechs. Now of course one is going to get jumped on, especially if it is the forum admin … but it is and always has been a huge factor in the hospital wards – even if it cannot be reported in normal media. An unvacced healthy person is usually pretty well ok with the current variant, while an unvacced “large” person has a bad prognosis. This bit has never changed; what’s happened is that the vaccines have protected the big majority. The hospitals are still populated by a similar patient profile at the end of it, but far fewer than a year ago.

Some completely ridiculous posts moved.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Pavel wrote:

Situation in Czech hospitals is different. Today in the hospitals there are the following numbers (this situation is long term consistent):

1403 unvaccinated, first time infection (322 out of them at the intensive care)
782 vaccinated, first time infection (125 out of them at the intensive care)
21 unvaccinated, previously recovered from infection (3 out of them at the intensive care)
23 vaccinated, previously recovered from infection (2 out of them at the intensive care)
Source – UZIS (Institute of Health Information and Statistics of the Czech Republic)

Given that about 63% of the Check population is fully vaccinated (so 1,7 vaccinated per unvaccinated) the risk of hospitalization for unvaccinated is 3 times higher than for vaccinated. The risk of ICU care is 4,4 times higher. Low numbers compared with international comparisons but still very significant.

Pavel wrote:

b) it confirms that best vaccination is the natural one

Only if you survive your first infection …

Germany

BeechBaby wrote:

And, surprise surprise, it seems like the answer to the discrepancy might be that our old friend the definition of “Vaccinated” has reared its ugly head again. It comes back to Prof Fenton’s work on earlier data showing that basically anyone who was not “Double vaccinated + 14 or 21 Days” was dumped into the “unvaccinated” group.

Certainly, if that’s true instead of “unvaccinated” they should have written “not doubly vaccinated at the time of infection” or somesuch.

But in what way does that change the conclusion that you are very well protected from serious cases of Covid-19 if you’re doubly vaccinated? As far as I can see not at all.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

A slightly more detailed UK situation.

It seems to be that the vaccines do work to prevent a trip to the ICU, which is good. Although with the case rate being higher in vaccinated, perhaps they should be locked down to stop the spread. :)

It has got to the point now I feel people should just be able to get on with their lives as they see fit. If you’ve got the vaccine you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

What I really don’t like is the demonisation of the unvaccinated which has been encouraged by Government (look at the Australians for example!).

But if you look in ICU and that famous Guardian front page – 99% people are fat or massively obese or have health issues. We have all had 2 years to do something about our weight. I have lost a few Kg and I am now 66 kg (target weight 65 kg) and I am 5 ft 11 and no spring chicken. That takes more work than getting another booster.

The media always claim people in trouble have no health issues and show a photo which tells a different story. So anybody in that position should get vaxxed and boosted as much as possible but it should be their choice.

So why aren’t the media and people on “twitter” not going after the obvious section of the population? As usual, people want a quick fix, they go to the doctor and instead of changing their diet they would rather pop Statins. That is why the generally overweight UK population are picking on the unvaxxed. The truth hurts that people with the correct BMI with no comorbidities have virtually no risk.

Live and let live, let people make their own choices. If people want to get fat by eating junk food let them, freedom of choice and tolerance should prevail

United Kingdom

Archer-181 wrote:

If people want to get fat by eating junk food let them, freedom of choice and tolerance should prevail

Really well said and my sentiments also. Peter we should get post like buttons…..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow
Sign in to add your message