Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Airborne_Again wrote:

it can spread from vaccinated people to unvaccinated people close by

That’s what it uses 5G for! Now we KNOW! /s

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I am, however, always amazed how many people who are skeptical about vaccines because “we do not have enough data yet” are so much less scared about Long Covid where we have much less to none data beyond the fact that it is extremely likely that it is much more common than severe vaccination side effects.

Long Covid limited data do not show serious long term effects, maybe loss of smell, taste, hearing, reduced mental, concentration capacity, fatigue, muscle pain…these are not enough to be taken seriously when it comes to risk-benefit of vaccine vs virus, it’s not as serious as gangrene where patients lose legs or fingers after their recovery

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Dec 10:12
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Long Covid limited data do not show serious long term effects, maybe loss of smell, taste, hearing, reduced mental, concentration capacity, fatigue, muscle pain

Those seem pretty serious to me. As a software developer “reduced mental/concentration capacity” means an end of my career, “fatigue, muscle pain, loss of smell taste” means an end to my quality of life.

Andreas IOM

Ibra wrote:

Long Covid limited data do not show serious long term effects, maybe loss of smell, taste, hearing, reduced mental, concentration capacity, fatigue, muscle pain…these are not enough to be taken seriously when it comes to risk-benefit of vaccine vs virus, it’s not as serious as gangrene where patients lose legs or fingers after their recovery

So if it doesn’t kill you or cost you a limb it’s not serious?

loss of smell and taste is a massive loss of quality of life and also quite dangerous.
loss of hearing is an impairment and has massive consequences.
reduced mental and concentration capacity as well as fatigue may well mean you may be unfit for work.

I know some people who have gone through Covid and have only parts of this still. All of them are SEVERELY affected. I don’t know any vaccinated person who has gone through Covid and who have had any of these effects last out the illness. Those all report fatigue, muscle pains and symptoms of a massive cold but no loss of smell, taste, mental capacity or hearing.

From what I read about long covid it may well produce a large number of massively handicaped people. Which in return will be a huge load on the social works.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Ibra wrote:

Seriously: If you give me the choice between loosing my smell/taste and loosing a finger, my only question would be “Which finger do you want?”

Germany

loss of smell and taste is a massive loss of quality of life and also quite dangerous.
loss of hearing is an impairment and has massive consequences.

All the more reason to get vacced – especially if going out dating

Which finger do you want?

I am not even gonna comment there…

How about getting back to flying? The landing fee at LFAT has just gone up by the cost of the cheapest PCR test back here but that’s still OK.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

especially if going out dating

ROFL!!

Peter wrote:

How about getting back to flying?

would be great indeed.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Let me post a hopefully “final for a while” instalment, to make us all have a laugh. An interesting way to address the unprecedented drastic curtailment of civil liberties and human rights, taking place on the mainland as we speak:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/03/italian-man-tries-to-dodge-covid-vaccine-wearing-fake-arm

It comes from the Guardian which is the official organ of the CPGB so it is a complete truth.

Meet-up proposed for Norwich, UK, tomorrow (Saturday).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It comes from the Guardian which is the official organ of the CPGB so it is a complete truth.

I thought that was the Morning Star, but what do you know…?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Latest studies from SA show that previous infection gives no protection against omikron. Last nail in the coffin for herd immunity.

Here

Last Edited by LeSving at 03 Dec 16:39
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message