Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

I posted this earlier

It is quite feasible that this is true.

This is another interesting bit, from the guy who runs the UK Zoe scheme with a few million participants. He will have a huge amount of data, and probably good data since reporting on Zoe doesn’t land you in the land of indian script monkeys telling you to isolate “or you will be prosecuted”, etc.

However, I bet there are differences between vaccines, in this department, too. I have a data point of 1 that Pfizer does it but AZ doesn’t.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@peter

sorry peter, i do not understand why us supreme court rulings on mandatory vaccination or on epedemic regulations by the state
would be offtopic or political on this thread (i belief their arguments could be very interessting for the discussion here)?!

so if someone would be interested in these us supreme court rulings (showing a quite different picture of us constitutional interpretations as in this thread go to offtopic/political- egdods beloved realm;;—-)))).

Last Edited by cpt_om_sky at 23 Nov 19:33
Austria

Peter wrote:

I have a data point of 1 that Pfizer does it but AZ doesn’t.

I have datapoints that AZ is not used here and several other places due to all sorts of nasty side effects

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Here we go again…

Administrator

Malibuflyer wrote:

Ventilation gets extremely tricky at extreme overweight patients. So what the presented Covid morbidity numbers actually show – in line with long term experience – is, that as soon as a Covid patient needs ventilation, an extreme BMI will kill him.

I think what I have read is that Covid patients are often positioned on their bellies for some reason when in ICU. Now, I can very well imagine that in such a case a person with a lot less than BMI40 will get a massive breathing problem, even without covid, let alone in this situation. Here, you are classified “risk patient” from BMI >35.0

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I think what I have read is that Covid patients are often positioned on their bellies for some reason when in ICU. Now, I can very well imagine that in such a case a person with a lot less than BMI40 will get a massive breathing problem, even without covid, let alone in this situation.

Never seen any video of this – Please provide a link. Im pretty sure that after nearly 2 years this would have emerged and someone would have commented by now??

Covid patients are often positioned on their bellies

Indeed they are; it was found it much improves survival when ventilated. They are sedated however and perhaps aren’t much aware of it.

Never seen any video of this

There have been lots here.

Administrator

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I think what I have read is that Covid patients are often positioned on their bellies for some reason when in ICU

That’s right and has nothing to do with Covid – The “backside” of the lung is more effective than frontside – therefore it is better to reduce the weight on the backside (plus some advantages of liquids flowing out of the lung).
Belly is a challenge on both sides – if you lie on your back unconscious, the belly also presses down and up to chest and lung. It can actually be better managed when laying on belly.

Germany

Look up ‘proning’.

Well guess what, Mini-Macaroon just announced that your vaxxes are only valid for 7 months and you need a 3rd dose to keep your “pass sanitaire”. And now a test is only valid for 24hrs – so basicly, you get the result and it expires…

I planned to get a booster shot after 6+months – ie end of dec/jan. But I really dislike the mandatory vaxxing by the back door that is now the “pass Sanitaire” and I have a feeling that now there will be a huge rush here and perhaps limited availability as happenned earlier in the year. Oh what fun…

Sign in to add your message