Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Emir gets the t-shirt!

For number 2000? Let him or her fix the forum software:

What is the problem with the forum software?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What I meant by ‘clinical need’ was that the initial CTs were done to expedite diagnosis rather than because the patients were sick enough to need a CT in order to guide management of severe disease. The follow-up CTs were done to check for resolution of the disease.

I agree that diving is different from aviation, but would also be worried about flying if my lungs weren’t working well e.g. sats 90%.

Last Edited by kwlf at 24 Apr 14:13

This could explain why new cases aren’t coming down as quickly as hoped.

Covid can be carried on air pollution particles.

Not known yet whether it’s in sufficient concentration for someone to catch the virus, but if it is, it should explain why so many pollution hotspots (London, NY, Paris, LA, North Italy) also have high concentration of cases.

Last Edited by DavidJ at 24 Apr 14:16

Bergamo certainly has more than its share of particulate producing Diesels, although correlation is not necessarily causation.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 24 Apr 14:36

English numbers continue to reduce.

And total deaths by age:

Last Edited by JasonC at 24 Apr 14:51
EGTK Oxford

What is the problem with the forum software?

Look at the screen shot. It’s from page one of this thread.

EDQH, Germany

100% of the COVID deaths in the Isle of Man have been elderly people (it got into a care home and ripped through the residents) or people with significant health problems.

Andreas IOM

Sorry – I can’t see anything. It’s a massive font size…

Covid can be carried on air pollution particles.

That would be utterly scary!

It’s a bit like the old question of whether a mosquito can transfer HIV. Scientists usually say it is impossible, and give several factors which would all need to line up for it to work, but anybody with a science education must know it is possible.

100% of the COVID deaths in the Isle of Man have been elderly people (it got into a care home and ripped through the residents) or people with significant health problems.

Indeed, but “people with significant health problems” is probably the majority of the population in any developed country. All obese people automatically have multiple issues, and if you did an MRI or CT on everyone you would probably find “stuff” in most of the rest

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Clipperstorch wrote:

It might be helpful to point out that he should look at the post number.

Biggin Hill

Sorry for the massive SCREENSHOT. It’s from my tablet and shows the post counter of the first post at 237034. The others are off as well. Yours shows at 837. I haven’t observed that on any other thread.

EDQH, Germany
Sign in to add your message