Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

You can get the kits for about £40. Really, on the scale of “GA hassle in Europe” this is easy and cheap, and once ordered, that number doesn’t expire (AFAIK). You could order one in the time it takes to read these posts.

One has to take on board that beyond what I posted above, there is no further enforcement. If you are 2x vacced, you don’t have any 9mm-carrying police officers checking your other credentials. Simply, in the UK nobody bothers anymore.

A number of countries on the manland are now effectively closed to Brits because getting an actual test sorted, and hoping for a weather window at the same time, is tricky.

Very few GA people from the mainland ever travelled to the UK anyway

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I arrived from Europe last week and BF had no interest in my forms or anything. A very different picture from only two months ago.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Maybe there is an exemption for those who leave within a few days. There has to be “something” otherwise the Day 2 test would be stupid.

I have asked while ago, the answer is NO even for one day trips, however, you can use exiting test references if you have no collected your test as they don’t have an expiry date…it’s not lot of hassle anyway now, the test is 40£ max and takes 10min to fill up all the forms

I have done load of channel crossings in the last 2 years, it’s way easy in private GA to be honest (20 by air GA and 10 by Eurostar & Eurotunnel), I have used the exemption in 4 flights, the rest were quarantine & tests but the hassle factor is nowhere near by car & train !

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 Oct 18:42
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@ibra, that is not a very recent response.

EGTR

It’s July this year, the requirement for day 2 test has not changed since? I flew UK/France in twice in Aug & once in Sep, I think “day 2 test” did apply to those trips, only quarantine was dropped, no idea if the rules have changed this month…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The day 2 test has changed from PCR to the rapid test, in October. But you still need a “supervised” test so a pure-DIY one (which the UK hands out for free) cannot be used. However, with no quarantine anymore, nobody is checking whether your test results come in (the indian call centres seem to focus only on threatening those who are supposed to quarantine) so if you bought a test from one of the bogus sellers (they are the majority) it doesn’t matter provided that – as noted above – you get the magic number right away

The day 8 test has gone.

The pre-return-to-the-UK test is also gone. In reality this was an issue only for airline travellers and was never checked pre-boarding for GA (obviously). Actually this was a huge PITA for airline travellers and more or less killed the UK-based airline business.

The above is for 2x vacced people, and for European countries. God knows what will happen now though, with this

Croatia was requiring a test for UK arrivals in September, whereas that should now be the other way round

Expect some changes this winter… IMHO what will happen is that all travel will require a test – just like it was a year ago. The schengen concession may prevent that on the mainland though, symbolically and reluctantly in most cases.

Administrator

Croatia was requiring a test for UK arrivals in September

Croatia is totally out of control due to widespread stupidity of its inhabitants and it’s approaching the edge of health system capacity.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Incredible!

On the previous topic, I have just phoned up this outfit and they email you the magic number for the PLF, so you can order the kit, complete the PLF, and it doesn’t matter if the actual kit never arrives.

It probably will arrive because I’ve used them for an antibody test.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

On the previous topic, I have just phoned up this outfit and they email you the magic number for the PLF, so you can order the kit, complete the PLF, and it doesn’t matter if the actual kit never arrives.

Same with chronomics.com.

I just ordered a day 2 test (£18.99) and they emailed me the number for the PLF instantly. The test will be shipped later in the week.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

These guys only ship the tests to the UK. What a joke.

In fact, shipping these test „kits“ (production cost: a few cents) across Europe is a joke as well.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Nov 17:30
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message