Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Switzerland has stopped practically all measures as of today. No more certificates, no more masks other than in public transport and health care facilities, no restrictions on meetings or anything.

Interesting info on this site https://www.traveloffpath.com/countries-without-any-travel-restrictions-or-entry-requirements/

“Switzerland almost made this list mid-Feb 2022. The federal government of home affairs along with the federal health authority removed all entry requirements, however, the border police are keeping them in full effect for now.”

Any one heading there better pay attention. Wonder if this is correct and if it will continue for long.

EHLE, Netherlands

hmng wrote:

Any one heading there better pay attention. Wonder if this is correct and if it will continue for long.

I can tell you it’s incorrect. The police aren’t making the laws here, and it’s not like we live in a kind of police state where they can just enforce something because they feel like it. This is the official information (note that they state also that no countries are currently on the list of virus variant areas): https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 03 Mar 19:17

Nice, thanks for the information. I agree it would be ridiculous for the policy to invent its own laws, but thought better for people to make sure before trying to merrily cross the border.

EHLE, Netherlands

“The UK’s passenger locator form (PLF) and all remaining testing rules for unvaccinated travellers arriving here will be scrapped on Friday 18 March, transport secretary Grant Shapps has confirmed.”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Heard yesterday that the infamous Covid Welcome Team has finally ended on Alderney (2 weeks ago?) so day trips are possible again. It’s a really super location

Administrator

After two months of being inactive, I believe this thread deserves to lose its “sticky” status

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Done

Administrator

Has every country abandoned all requirements for the last vaccination to be within x months of the travel date?

France was strictly enforcing 7 months until quite recently.

Administrator

I had not heard of the 7 month since last vaccination in France. My wife and I just got our second boosters. So now it totals 4 jabs. They must be a minimum of 6 months apart and I think this 4th one is only being offered to over 60’s. I don’t know of anyone who has been blocked entry if they have had 3 jabs and are under 60 or over 60 for that matter.
Regarding flying to Nantes. I would advise anyone going there, whether needing C+I or not, to get in contact with the club first, otherwise they might be liable for an exhorbitant landing fee.

France

@Peter, I’m not getting any CV-19 boosters so I’ve been paying attention to the issue of EU entry from outside of the EU, at least for my countries of interest. France and Spain seem to be the ones with continued restrictions (confirmed by friends who just returned from a month on the road there) although testing can substitute and intra-Schengen entry on the ground is apparently no issue. After an announcement and a couple of weeks of dithering, Germany finally dropped theirs on June 11th, the day after the US dropped its inbound testing requirement. Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia, Slovakia and Hungary are clear – I’m looking at a trip to the Tatra mountains.

For a while I was planning on entering this year through Austria (Austrian Airways, Innsbruck via Vienna) but with Germany finally changing their policy and non-stop commercial flights being available, that now appears to be my best option.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 16 Jun 14:45
Sign in to add your message