Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Emir wrote:

Nobody asked me any health related document anywhere, not even mandatory passenger locator form in Mexico.

do you mean Vuela-Seguro?

we are just wondering about that. It sais you can’t fill it in earlier than 12 hours before landing, or for international flights you have to generate it after arrival. And the qr code you generate is checked on departure? Is that what you were told as well?

I am not going there but my wife has a flight there on duty tomorrow and it looks a bit weird.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 01 Dec 17:52
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

do you mean Vuela-Seguro?

I read about it at Mexican government web, filled-in the form before departure from Zagreb (16 hours before landing to Cancun) and nobody asked for QR code.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The EU PLF still doesn’t work on Chrome

It is needed for Italy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

I read about it at Mexican government web, filled-in the form before departure from Zagreb (16 hours before landing to Cancun) and nobody asked for QR code.

Yea we read about it as well… could not complete it because it is down to 12 hours before. Colleagues of my wife said that for long haul flights it needs to be completed after arrival and shown on departure. So I’d keep that code handy once you fly back.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Having just done it twice, I noticed that the Mexican Vuela Seguro form can be completed in a few minutes before leaving for the airport, or at the airport before getting in the security line. Also that within Mexico a guy in the security line asks if you did it and briefly looks at your phone or print out to ensure it is less than 12 hrs old when boarding.

@Emir, complete the form again before you leave on your return flight or otherwise you’ll have to do it at the airport in Mexico. They have kiosks at domestic airports to allow that BTW, because not everybody has a cell phone or computer at home.

It’s just a self declaration of having no symptoms or known exposure etc before going through airport security to board a plane and the QR code is otherwise medically irrelevant. They probably thought they’d be scanning the code to save time looking at self declaration dates, but they don’t seem to actually use it. Outside of Mexico I doubt anybody looks at the form. Nothing to do with testing or vaccination anyway.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 02 Dec 16:47

LFT tests are no longer accepted for day2 on France/UK after Nov30, we just ordered PCR tests for day2…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Has anyone found any guidance for a day trip UK to France?

We did this here before and IIRC nobody could find anything official, but it appeared fine, in the days of the “pre return to UK test”, and the Day 2 PCR test, that a single PCR test, done before you go, was sufficient for both. Then it came down to how cheap you could buy a PCR test… because you didn’t have to isolate until the Day 2 test result arrived.

Now you have to isolate in return in the UK which in practice means phone calls from the “indian script monkey call centre” and, allegedly, if you don’t answer 3x they call the police. So you need to be a bit careful for 2-3 days, but if say you do the Day 2 test the day before the trip (the regs say “on or before Day 2”) you don’t have to wait for as long.

One thinks there must be guidance for business trips, and it is bizzare that nothing was found.

Administrator

No idea about one day trip UK to France, one day2 PCR test on return would be enough now IMO (no LFT and unlikely test before departure works now), for one way trips, some guidance here,

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918

Last Edited by Ibra at 02 Dec 19:47

From tomorrow Sunday 4th, 48h PCR test will be required for arrival in France even for those vaccinated (received this email just about to depart to UK, lovely )

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Dec 13:57

Is there a reference? How the hell does one organise a 24hr PCR?

Not showing up here yet.

Sunday is 5th Dec.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message